image.jpg Still working on the shield. I wanted it to look more screen accurate so I cut some sintra and created the outer ring and I'm working on some Sintra pieces to fill in the star indent. I know some people will notice I'm not really going in any type of order. I just build let it sit and if I don't like it I'll tear it apart and try again. Once I'm done I'll do a proper tutorial :)

image.jpgimage.jpg Adding the outer ring and I ripped out the insert. I'll tear out the rectangles too. I read somewhere about baking soda and superglue as a spackle would that work in this case?

The shield is on hold due to me getting a job on the other side of the country. That's the good news, bad news is trying to get it shipped to my new home. Currently the shield is 24" diameter so the box has to be 25x25x7 minimum took those measurements to ups and they quoted me $100 is the postal service any better? Thanks in advance :)

Congrats on the new job, that is a great way to start the New Year!

Can't hurt to ask the post office but the last time I shipped a shield the best rate was via UPS Ground.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg Finally got the magnets in today and started testing so far so good. I'm a little worried about the pull on the other side of the shield with cell phones or other magnetic sensitive objects.

Decided to revisit my shield due to the last minute decision to go to Salt Lake City comic con and meet Chris Evans. Currently ripping off old sintra and replacing it with some plastic weld and sealing the edge. Will post pics later and going to paint it. In hopes to get Caps and Agent Carters autographs :)

image.jpg Waiting for the plastic weld to cure.....if I was to do this again I'd go for locite molding putty rather than jb plastic weld....had to redo the plastic weld to get it to cure properly. Hopefully I can sand tomorrow and repaint :)

image.jpg After a meh spray painting session I decided to go the battle damaged route. image.jpg I added a black wash and thinking of adding some bullet scuffs. Waiting for the paint to dry. Can't wait to have Chris Evans sign this.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back