Diegator's Grey Fox / Cyborg Ninja *COMPLETED*

So if you were to repeat the process of building the helmet all over again, would you mold it in one piece from the bondo piece and cut the plastic cast, or would you cut it the same way you did before?
I might try to do one similar as yours as my first project if you dont mind. It wont be as good, i'm certain, but i want to learn to do stuff like this and this is the most awesome helmet in the history of movies and videogames in my opinion :D

I'd do it in one piece, as i'm doing now. Check out my INT thread, i explain it there.

Dude, when I went to look up your files, I complete had a banana slicer* moment when I saw that you had both of the face plate pieces listed as right side.

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hutzler 571 Banana Slicer
*check out the critical review listed

ROFL at the banana slicer reference! I skipped the rh/lh explanation so that only people above a certain IQ coild build it

How do i scale this badass helmet?

I would start by taking a measurement of the width of your head and then using the measurement tool in Pep Designer to measure the 3D model. Then adjust the scale as needed. As mentioned before you may have to scale the helmet up due to the depressions at the top.

Are you really capable of so many things. Congratulations!
You make me want to learn them, and I see an endless world of wonders and activities open up before me. Fantastic.:thumbsup

Man, i was wondering those hinges worked good? i mean, they are metal and i think that hot glue dont stick too well to that (i saying it because in the picture of the faceplate system there is no bolts or anything supporting the hinges) didn`t fell or anything while you where in costume? i`m asking because i'm doing a yoshimitsu costume from soul calibur 5 and he has a face like this so i`m making something very close to this and wanted every advice i can get. Thanks

Man, i was wondering those hinges worked good? i mean, they are metal and i think that hot glue dont stick too well to that (i saying it because in the picture of the faceplate system there is no bolts or anything supporting the hinges) didn`t fell or anything while you where in costume? i`m asking because i'm doing a yoshimitsu costume from soul calibur 5 and he has a face like this so i`m making something very close to this and wanted every advice i can get. Thanks

I would suggest epoxy instead of hot glue;much stronger.

Hey Diegator, are you still sharing the pepakura file for the mask? This build looks absolutely epic and I'd love to give it a try. Thanks!

fOX mAX.PNG

Been working on the Play Arts Kai Version of Grey Fox. This is the base polgon/Nurbs exported from Rhino into max to apply smoothing groups.

Im putting it back into Rhino to project all the detail from Diegators plans (THANKS A LOT FOR THAT DUDE, WAS REALY HELPFULL)

Still a bit of tweaking to do before export, needed to keep the nurbs simple while I divided it into groups. I'm just happy the Smoothing groups worked......eventualy.

Any tips from you CAD guys realy appreciated.

Simonkage

Last edited:
Hello, I have been following your series of youtube videos and this thread for this helmet for a while now.

I am very quite envious of your final product.

I have some questions if you do not mind answering:

Do you have plenty of space in the helmet?

Is your helmet a tight fit after placing in the servos and controller board?

What servos are you using to open the faceplate up?

Thank you, in advance.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back