Detention Center Camera Greeblies

Definitely the lights and bezels for me, would want enough for two sets. Would have to check on the Mitchel pieces as I have some turntable parts knocking about which I can use, and have an idea re the back plate which would need to be different too, so not so worried about that part.

how much did the lights go for back then? i love those and they would be great fodder for making set decoration props

I'd be interested in seeing the details behind the image flip and parts. I'm aware of the flip, in fact there are so many different ways the images are presented it's hard to make any 100% calls on he pieces.

The machined pieces ended up being based on Chris Reif's drawings from them in one of his books.

Hey Philip - thanks for the update!

I'd have to try to get a screen cap from the scene where Han and Luke first exit the elevator into the cell block - there's a wide overview there that shows all three cameras and if I recall correctly (it's been several weeks since I was staring at this) I think that's the clip that shows from afar the hero camera that's in the first post of this thread and you can see it in its 'non-mirror-imaged' state. That said, I wouldn't change a thing on the machined parts - they are really nice and they do match the look of the big iconic hero image that everyone knows.

For lights, I'd be up for about two dozen (sic) if there were to be a new run - probably one dozen red ones split half-half between lit and unlit, the other dozen a random but roughly even mix of all the other colors (probably all lit in that case). Sounds like you have limited numbers left so I'll let those here who never got any get first dibs and I'll wait for what might be left over or if you do end up ever doing another run...

Dan

If you sell those light i will buy you some set too.
Need those lights for: detention camera block / blast door panel ...

Hi guys...

Checking in on this thread. I'll see if I can update things a bit here.

Oddly, we went to a pretty fantastic amount of trouble to make these, and they almost nobody wanted them, so we didn't make many pieces.

I have some lights left, and can make more machined parts. There won't be any more cast viewers.

I can so run the white front bezel inserts.

Back plates are more complicated as I have to order 10 to get them made.

I still have correct paint samples for color matching on your end.

I'd be interested in seeing the details behind the image flip and parts. I'm aware of the flip, in fact there are so many different ways the images are presented it's hard to make any 100% calls on he pieces.

The machined pieces ended up being based on Chris Reif's drawings from them in one of his books.
Have been trying to message you about purchasing some lights and bezels please can you reach out - looks like the web mail doesn't work either?

I recently bought a set of Paterson Trident viewers, but I did not realize how large they were. I was going to make
a detention block camera desk lamp. I guess I need to rethink. It would be much too large for a desk lamp.

Any ideas about the greeblies and back plate? Philip Wise's run is full.

I sure hope I can get a set of metal parts, backing plate, and 4-8 lights w LED bolt/nut combo for illumination. I have all 6 viewers, they are being prepped for paint, I have a good match on the paint, and have the decals & reflective tape! Come on Philip, we need your beautiful kit and lights buddy!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back