Destiny Hunter Mask and Armor Cosplay Build SKS Props

Re: Destiny Hunter Mask and Armor Cosplay Build SKS Props Updated 2/28/15

Chest armor test fit. The shoulder armor is attached to the chest piece using plastic snap buckles rather than velcro.

third%20man23_zpsog45janh.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Destiny Hunter Mask and Armor Cosplay Build SKS Props Updated 3/2/15

Everything looks good. Thanks for sharing your process on the hunter belt!

Re: Destiny Hunter Mask and Armor Cosplay Build SKS Props Updated 3/2/15

Even though it was game accurate I was not digging how big (tall) the destiny hunter belt was. So...I cut 3/4" off of the top and bottom reskinned it with craft foam and hand stitched the inner belt. I like the look of this a lot better now and will plasti dip it tomorrow.

11050655_895547920509421_1716227167020499478_n_zps1yxkzvyf.jpg

1476576_895547937176086_2295275875235209672_n_zpsnb3v96uy.jpg

Re: Destiny Hunter Mask and Armor Cosplay Build SKS Props Updated 3/4/15

In between orders this weekend I was able to throw down base colors on the chest armor. I have decided to use the Fallen Crown shader as a reference for the color of this set.
It has to be done from the waist up by this weekend to debut at Planet Comicon here in Kansas City so I have to really get moving over the next couple of days. Don't judge it yet lots of painting and weathering to work on :)

third%20man24_zpsstmvkbwy.jpg

Re: Destiny Hunter Mask and Armor Cosplay Build SKS Props Updated 3/10/15

Looks great and i love the mask. My problem is i change up shaders so often a costume wouldn't survive long lol.

Re: Destiny Hunter Mask and Armor Cosplay Build SKS Props Updated 3/10/15

Started to detail the chest armor and block in the base colors on the belt. People have been asking what paints I like to use. I use krylon rattle can for a base and Liquitex Heavy Body acrylics for the layers and washes. I am very happy with how the "leather" is looking on the straps and belt. A great contrast to what the armor will be in the end.

third%20man27_zpshultig9l.jpg

Re: Destiny Hunter Mask and Armor Cosplay Build SKS Props Updated 3/12/15

If any of you are going to Planet Comicon here in Kansas City. My Destiny hunter will be on display this weekend at booth 813

Wow, this looks fantastic. Spoiler alert, I will be incorporating a lot of what you did on your hunter armor in my own. Thanks again for showing us the steps. Awesome work.

Wow, this looks fantastic. Spoiler alert, I will be incorporating a lot of what you did on your hunter armor in my own. Thanks again for showing us the steps. Awesome work.

Awesome, that is why I do this buddy! I try to give back to this community as much as possible.

Are there any printable templates available online?

Filling orders like crazy!! There are going to be a lot of SKS Props Destiny Hunters out there this year! This was one of my favorite custom paint jobs its the ThunderDevil shader on my regular rustburner hunter mask.

third%20man28_zpswrik7iu2.jpg

Getting down to the details by adding lots of metallic weathering and aging. Also got to test fit the belt and chest armor. There are still lots of additional pieces that I would like to add we will just have to see how many I can build between now and Emerald City. Granted anything I don't complete I can add before I head off the Calgary in April.
10303477_909585499105663_1392991211837503276_n_zpswtypyfzo.jpg

third%20man30_zpsp8te5mpb.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back