Desert Storm Foam Bat- Con Pics up- Project done - For now

Shades

Hey everyone!

I had so much fun with War Machine I have decided to start my next project.

I am sure many of you are familiar with this model.

View attachment 76823

Well I think it is beautiful and really lends itself to foam.

So I started by playing this image and creating my own templates for the foam.

View attachment 76824

I then took these and used a program called "posterazor" to print them to real size. I then started cutting foam. : )

Last edited:
Re: Desert Storm Batman- foam build

Awesome build! I look forward to seeing the progress and completion.
Also, this may be helpful:
2d,character,comics,normal,map,painting,reference-ac92e9e4755e33f7f13c4478f62dba92_h.jpg

what kind of foam are you using and where did you get it? your costume is looking good by the way.

@Zaxmon- it is from an artist..Faraz Mobin. It was a concept he entered in a 3d Modeling contest.

@Claire- EVA foam sheets. Harbor freight floor mats, 6mm and 2mm foamies.

Looks good so far ... I'll be following this thread with great interest. This is one of my all time favorite Bat suits. I even like the red bat symbol ... are you going with a Batman Beyond theme?

View attachment 76854

So, this is Graphic Jordan's future batman mask in 1/2 inch and 6mm foam.
(BTW Thanks Jordan!)

I am playing with a number of ideas for the cowl/helm. I know this isn't the same look as the model, since the model is just a concept anyway, I feel it is okay to tweak it. I will probably just buy a 30 dollar rubies TDR cowl anyway to see how it looks. I like the batman future helmet alot and I am also playing with different lenses in the eye holes or no lenses at all. I will post some different pics to get your guy's thoughts. I have made 3 of these now. I upsized Jordan's model 10%. mostly cause I have a giant noggin.

View attachment 76958

Gauntlets in foam. Mix of 1/2 inch 6mm and 2mm EVA foam. Templates made with poster board scissors and marker then transferred to foam

The only templates this guy has are in his brain. I believe he is eyeballin' this build.

Back