Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post*

Just went to sears and they didnt cary the foam roll in store so i had to order it online there but free shipping to my house. :)

Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post*

This is incredble, thanks for sharing all of these awesome files and pictures! I had no idea that a costume like this would even be in my possible reach, but now I'm really excited to give it a try.

I have a big question though (I looked through the threads and forums, but I might have missed something. And I'm really sleepy. -__-): Has anyone modded this for a girl? Or have any other gals built the Mark 4 with 'adjustments'? I found an awesome Pepper "Rescue" thread with pep files, but I would actually like to still have Tony's armor (or should I say "Toni"?), albeit with girly bits. But if worse comes to worse, I'll just be a very very very short Iron Man and find a voice changer, ha ha. (I'm 5'3" and a girl, if it wasn't clear. LOL)

Anyway I'm looking forward to it! Just bought some mats at Harbor Freight for only $9 but they're 1/2 inch... TT^TT I've seen some people do amazing things with 1/2 inch, and I really like the idea of it being sturdier, but for the arms and legs I'm definitely going to have to find the 1/4... I couldn't resist the deal at Harbor Freight though...

Thanks again for the inspiration and the resources! :D

You might be good with the Mark 4/6 templates as they are; at most maybe modify the brace (inner armor layer). The outer chest has a lot of room. If you have the full Pepakura Designer, you can use the point-to-point measuring tool to scale the armor properly for you. Checking the scaling with all the sections is an important first step. You can test fit with paper or cardstock chest/back sections before you build in foam.

If you want to add some height, you can build the feet up, which is what I did. My post about a page or two back explains. I'm 5'7 and added about 3" overall with the feet.

I do remember seeing one post where a gal built a mark 4/6 suit, but don't recall who. It turned out great. Good luck with your build; have fun.

Just went to sears and they didnt cary the foam roll in store so i had to order it online there but free shipping to my house. :)

cool! did you order two rolls or are you gonna start with one for now and go from there?

Ordered 2 but omfg I have no money so the credit card is near max right now. Mostly cause of living costs. Nobody is hiring me and ive been unemployed for 2 years now. Its not a good situation at all that I am in. I just hope Sombody commissions me for something. Sculpture, Illustration. Something.. Not sure what im going to do. I need to keep busy even in these hard times... I think im feeling a little down today so.. sorry about the rambling...

Hey guys,

im pretty new to this pepakura thing and really want to get into this stuff. unfortunately the software doesn't work with mac...

all im asking is, is somebody willing to help me out and just convert the helmet file into pdf for me?

as i figured, if i have the pdf file "the rest is cake"...

greeting from hong kong!

Hey guys,

im pretty new to this pepakura thing and really want to get into this stuff. unfortunately the software doesn't work with mac...

all im asking is, is somebody willing to help me out and just convert the helmet file into pdf for me?

as i figured, if i have the pdf file "the rest is cake"...

greeting from hong kong!

how will you assemble this PDF file helmet without the software?

Stef is right. Without having the app running, you cannot manipulate the model to see what pieces go where. trust me... its not "cake" lol

In about 3 weeks i'm going to start my first foam project.. I'm going to make an Ironman MK IV "secret project" suit.
I'll keep yall up to date

image.jpg

I've gone through about 2/3 of the thread, but perhaps I missed something. Are the PDO files available for all the pieces or only the helmet, brace, chest, and collar? I see PDFs for the rest (bicep, forearm, etc), but as this is my first build, I'd like the PDO files so I can click on a piece to see where it is on the model.

you should be able to do that already with the PDO's on the first couple pages of the thread. To move the design to see where pieces go hold down the right click button and move the image and it will rotate the design so you can see if from different angles.

Since there's 75 pages to look through.... Stealth have you done a foam Mark 42 file at all? And with fingers you have War Machine's but I imagine they are all the same right?

you should be able to do that already with the PDO's on the first couple pages of the thread. To move the design to see where pieces go hold down the right click button and move the image and it will rotate the design so you can see if from different angles.

Everything on the first page is an A4 or Letter PDF except for the helmet, brace, chest, collar, palm, knuckles, and fingers. The 4shared.com links also had zipped files of the PDFs that included bitmap references of Pepakura Designer screenshots, but these cannot be rotated around.

Everything on the first page is an A4 or Letter PDF except for the helmet, brace, chest, collar, palm, knuckles, and fingers. The 4shared.com links also had zipped files of the PDFs that included bitmap references of Pepakura Designer screenshots, but these cannot be rotated around.

The links that say Letter and A4 are not PDF files. They are links to 4Shared. Once you sign in at 4Shared you can download the files. In my case I had to add the file extension when saving but I confirmed they download and open without issue. This was from the first page of this post.

The links that say Letter and A4 are not PDF files. They are links to 4Shared. Once you sign in at 4Shared you can download the files. In my case I had to add the file extension when saving but I confirmed they download and open without issue. This was from the first page of this post.

Wow, thanks for that. You are absolutely correct. When I originally downloaded the files, I had clicked on the helmet. On 4shared, it showed what looked like the rest of the files in a hierarchy to the right of the download. I was downloading from that instead of the individual links on the first page.

count down two weeks until final is finish and i will start my first foam costume. i have ordered 3 roll of 5mm thick eva foam, they dun hv 6mm in malaysia.

Hey Stealth! Im a huge fan of yours :) It Would Be AWESOME if you modified the Mark 7 files for foam costume building.

they're already modified by people, do a search. They're out there. Darkside501st's thread.

Hello everyone, my name is Daniel and I am new here.

First of all I am fascinated by all your work (I looked through the whole thread) and I am so motivated to start my own Mark VI suit now!
I am not that experienced with pepakura (all I did is a mortal kombat noob mask)
I watched the hero tutorials but I still have got a few questions, I hope that you can help me :)

1. Do I have to print the templates on cardstock or is it ok to use normal paper?
2. What thickness of foam do I use for different parts? I heard that it is better to use thinner foam for some parts of the suit.
3. Scaling: I am afraid that the default size won't fit me well, so I measured myself this morning:

Height 5 feet 9.6inch and I weight 154.3 pounds (I am a Freerunner and rather athletic)
Head width: 22,6
Shoulder-shoulder 20,5
Chest 41
Shoulder elbow 13
Elbow hand 11,5
Abs 32
Hip-knee 17,5
Thigh 21
Shin 24
Bicep 11,5 flexed 12,5
Knee-ankle 18
Shoe size 43
Torso 21
Hip width 36

Could you tell me the scaling factor for the parts (e.g. -20%)? That would be a big help for me ;)

4. Would you recommend doing the helmet in cardstock/resin for more detail? (I plan inserting leds and maybe a motorized faceplate)

I would be really happy about an answer, thank you :)

Daniel xx

Attachments

• MKNoobSaibot.jpg
    MKNoobSaibot.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 110

Well, after watching Iron Man 3, and finding myself with a somewhat open summer, i decided to start making my own Iron Man suit.

I started with a cardboard helmet just to make sure if fit, (ive always thought i had a huge head), and it did fit! Im 6.0-6.1", so im going to stick with the default scale and start working on the foam build today! Can't wait to start getting the pieces put together

This is what the helm looked like, (pretty rough around the edges, but for a test build i thought it turned out alright, ill probably save the foam helm for last, i want it to be perfect.

DSC_0697.jpgDSC_0698.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back