Deceased flesh and mummified corpses

I have done some other sculpts with hair using wool very fine.They look very natural once attached .I´ll try in the next corpse ( this one is going to be bald ) .Now I am thinking about wings, how to do it and make it like a continuation of the body but with transparency or translucent in some places.Guess plastic bag with armature wire and textured with tissue in points will work...

Liquid Sculpey or Liquid FIMO translucent decorating gel over fine-wire framework is one way to go. It takes some trial and error to get a feel for it though. Many wings are available on eBay though

Liquid Sculpey or Liquid FIMO translucent decorating gel over fine-wire framework is one way to go. It takes some trial and error to get a feel for it though. Many wings are available on eBay though

I´ll try to find this liquid sculpey... it sounds interesting! Thanks for advice...but regarding ebay wings...mmm...I guess this will be barbie-fairy-like ones...XDD and don´t suit with this creepy guy.

I´ll try to find this liquid sculpey... it sounds interesting! Thanks for advice...but regarding ebay wings...mmm...I guess this will be barbie-fairy-like ones...XDD and don´t suit with this creepy guy.

I know what you're probably thinking, cause I felt the same way at first; airy-fairy crap. And yes, 99% of it is, but you can glean some excellent info from some amazingly skilled artists. If you search under (I know, perish the thought) Dolls- Art Dolls OOAK- Fantasy, and then type in wings, you might find some good info, and even some books. Cicada-type wings might be perfect for your little dead guy.

I have used walnut-stained cheesecloth to nice effect in these 'deceased' that I made a while back.
Hey , nice works!
I am thinking about making a hand of glory too...
Today I gave me the pleasure of showing the mummy to a girl which is ... well , how to say... a person that likes flowers , jewelry and all this kind of things ... she said How disgusting!!! How can you make this kind of thing! Your mind is not working well...XDDD ,and I thought : " well... I am not alone " XDDDD

Amazing work! I'm working on a mummified fairy for myself,and I was glad to see the results of others' techniques. I know the feeling of showing stuff to people that don't like creepy-like props.I know they're trying to make me feel embarrassed or something but it ends up making me proud of the quality of the piece that it looks real and dirty and gross.When it's only just wire,latex,paints etc.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back