Deadpool Movie

Re: Deadpool Test Footage Now in HD

:lol Deadpool is freaking funny nuts! He soo over the top violent, that it is funny - those panel are gold, especially with Bullseye. Just image, DP with Bats, rounds after rounds - Bats is getting slowly getting tired and starts freaking out like: "Goddamnit! Die already!!!! What do I have to do to make you die?! Where's Clark when you need him? CLAAAARK! A LITTLE HEEEELP? PLEEEEAAASE! Hell, I even team up with Joker to beat that lunatic…" (Now read that in Kevin Conroy's voice - awesome!)

The better question would be: who would win in a Death Match between Lobo and DP? Lobo is also pretty much the equivalent to DP :D

Last edited:

Lobo vs Deadpool fight comes down to the writer, same as a Batman vs Deadpool fight. Wolverine beat Lobo despite Lobo having the better healing factor due purely to a fan vote and a DC writer later wrote Lobo claiming to have thrown the fight. Put Batman in a Deadpool comic and 'Pool wins, put Wade in a Batcomic and Bruce wins.

Lobo vs Deadpool fight comes down to the writer, same as a Batman vs Deadpool fight. Wolverine beat Lobo despite Lobo having the better healing factor due purely to a fan vote and a DC writer later wrote Lobo claiming to have thrown the fight. Put Batman in a Deadpool comic and 'Pool wins, put Wade in a Batcomic and Bruce wins.

I haven't read this one myself, but didn't they put Muhammad Ali in a Superman comic, and Muhammad Ali won? Was it an actual knock-out or did Superman took a dive as a diversion?

Anyways, I bet the fight between Batman and Deadpool would start one of two ways.

Way Number 1:
deadpool-win-pete-tapang.jpg

And, Way Number 2 (which I feel would be more likely):
tumblr_n7k204bsAm1qbagu5o1_500.jpg

The better question would be: who would win in a Death Match between Lobo and DP? Lobo is also pretty much the equivalent to DP :D

Somethings you can do,somethings you can ask......that would make the universe implode THAT is one of them,you basically divided by zero.

Or hell they'd just wind up doing it themselves trying to one up the other :lol

But yea Batman would lose and probably go insane dealing with Wade as not only as I said can the guy kill himself to win he also never shuts up
which would probably make Bruce flip his cookies.

And as others have noted pretty much everybody in the DC/Marvel comics are predictable while Deadpool isn't,he's the one character ever I think who you just can't say exactly what he'll do or why even if he can't win he'll cause so much havoc it's almost unbelievable.

I'd still contend the Joker is equally, yet differently unpredictable. You can count on Deadpool to do something wacky and out of left field. With the Joker it's a crapshoot what personality he's going to have on any given day, be it a ruthless mass murderer or a harmless prankster or something in-between.

As an aside, I'd like to point out that the purpose for posting that Batman vs Deadpool video was only to showcase how much of a perverted lunatic Deadpool is.

That said, I have to come down on the side of Batsy for that fight. Though Deadpool would come back from every conceivable injury that Bats could inflict, there's one thing that he can't handle. Pure immobilization. All Batman has to do is whip up a superbly concentrated knockout gas, disarm Deadpool, and lock him in a soundproof and escape-proof cell for eternity. No food, no water, nobody to talk to. Forever. Since Deadpool just cannot die (except for brief moments), the lack of food and water is a non-issue and he's already insane, so it won't count as cruel and unusual punishment.

Deadpool Test Footage Now in HD

I'd still contend the Joker is equally, yet differently unpredictable. You can count on Deadpool to do something wacky and out of left field. With the Joker it's a crapshoot what personality he's going to have on any given day, be it a ruthless mass murderer or a harmless prankster or something in-between.

Except Batman knows the Joker's psychology to the point where he could predict certain actions. I cite Mad Love as an excellent example. Batman knew that the Joker wouldn't allow anyone but himself to kill Batman, thus Batman used Harley's need for attention and approval from Joker to get the Joker to save him, knowing that he wouldn't allow Harley (who Batman cites as the only one who really came close to successfully killing him) to succeed.

Granted, the Joker is unpredictable sometimes (i.e. The Killing Joke), but Batman knows enough to manipulate him straight into a strategy in Batman's favor. That's why TVTropes named such an action "the Batman Gambit."

For Deadpool, that type of strategy wouldn't work (except for hinting that a large breasted number #1 female fan would be at a certain spot and time looking for him, which Batman wouldn't even consider because he wouldn't know enough about Deadpool to win).

"Certain actions." That's also a particular set of circumstances that Batman was able to take advantage of in one instance. Batman can't reliably manipulate Joker's "right" to be the one to kill Batman. Joker's personality constantly shifts, and with it his sense of humor, so it's hard to predict a man who changes mind daily as to whether he's a serial killer or a buffoon trying to copyright fish.

A counter example would be Grant Morrison's arc, specifically the Batman RIP story and lead up. Red and black had shown up constantly over the story, especially in connection to the Joker, including a checkerboard and hints that he was going to kill Harley. In the end it was nothing more than Joker trolling Batman with meaningless symbolism knowing that Batman would try to find meaning in it, making Batman chase his own tail. The idea that it was irrelevant never occurred to Batman (or the readers for that matter).

Last edited:

"Certain actions." That's also a particular set of circumstances that Batman was able to take advantage of in one instance. Batman can't reliably manipulate Joker's "right" to be the one to kill Batman. Joker's personality constantly shifts, and with it his sense of humor, so it's hard to predict a man who changes mind daily as to whether he's a serial killer or a buffoon trying to copyright fish.

A counter example would be Grant Morrison's arc, specifically the [/i]Batman RIP[/i] story and lead up. Red and black had shown up constantly over the story, especially in connection to the Joker, including a checkerboard and hints that he was going to kill Harley. In the end it was nothing more than Joker trolling Batman with meaningless symbolism knowing that Batman would try to find meaning in it, making Batman chase his own tail. The idea that it was irrelevant never occurred to Batman (or the readers for that matter).

Again, in certain situations, and in ONLY certain situations, Batman knows how the Joker thinks. It doesn't matter how insane the Joker is, he knows the psychology:

BatmanAdventures-MadLove-60-1.jpg

Now, nowhere did I say "in all situations." Only in certain situations he does. Besides, if you have a hero who could predict every move an enemy was about to do and was able to win all the time, then you end up boring your reader.

And again, that's why Deadpool would win the fight against Batman, not only in addition to his unable to die leading to a relentless attack, the fact that Deadpool is so all over the place on the psychological map, he has no point of reference for a psychological profile that Batman could use, where as the Joker is somewhat predictable in certain scenarios (not all scenarios, as I've pointed out what happened with The Killing Joke, but some).

This is going in circles it feels like. Also I've read Mad Love before (it's actually in a box next to my desk) so there's no need to post scans.

The gambit from Mad Love only works because Batman has enough history with Joker at that point to understand his psychology to some degree. At one point he knew nothing about the Joker, who was no more predictable in that first encounter than Deadpool would be in his first encounter. Batman somehow found a way to survive his encounter with every person he didn't know the psychology of so I do not readily concede that Deadpool's unpredictability is enough of a game changer to offset Batman's adaptability.

Deadpool's healing factor gives him an advantage if he focuses on nothing by killing Batman until Batman is dead, yes. Batman has overcome enough enemies that cannot be killed or will not quit until the job is done that Deadpool's immortality and relentlessness (if he stays focused) isn't necessarily enough. The real issue with a Batman vs Deadpool hypothetical is that the circumstances affect the outcome. Is it a fight to the death or just until Wade gets bored of being a punching bag? Is Batman the target or is he tangental? Is it a contract or just for fun? Is it in a medium starring Deadpool where the narrative goes out of its way to make him look badass or is it a from a more neutral (or pro-Batman) reference point? How much prep time has Batman had and does he have his Anti-Deadpool Bat Spray? What exactly are the limits of Deadpool's regenerative abilities for that matter? Can he come back from a drop of blood like with Lobo or does he need significantly more of his body remaining? How fast does he heal, what's his pain tolerance, does the healing factor affect his tolerance to sedatives?

In the end they both get their asses kicked by Squirrel Girl so it doesn't matter :)

Last edited:

As I've said before, you could argue for Batman all you want, but when it comes to Deadpool, it's hard to pin him down. Even with what you've pointed out, no matter whatever circumstances are about them either fighting each other, Batman would lose the fight, no matter if it was a Marvel comic, or a DC comic, or if it was written by one author one way, or another author another way. When it came to that video shown about Deadpool vs. Batman, that was a bias verses based on popularity, not on the actual strengths and weaknesses of the characters. If it was just a straight up verses with no-bias based writing, Batman would lose, just by going from information about both the characters from the comics. The only way Batman would even be able to stop Deadpool is by cheating, which would be bringing in Superman to give Deadpool a kick to the johnson that would send Deadpool into orbit and into the sun.

But, since you're likely to reply back with more pro-Batman winning, I guess we'll have this song to fill in the time:

Last edited by a moderator:

As much as I hate to say it, these characters, with their awesome powers, are just too much.

How interesting will a movie be where the character is known to have no vulnerability or ability to die, much less get hurt seriously (in some cases)?

They're going to make Deadpool more of a down to Earth tone I hope. Slapstick is fine if your kicking ass, but a whole 2 hours plus of his shenanigans might wear thin on my ears. Well, whatevs, it'll still be better than Transformers I suppose! :lol

How interesting will a movie be where the character is known to have no vulnerability or ability to die, much less get hurt seriously (in some cases)?

To be honest, it worked well for the video game. In fact, there's a couple of moments I can think of where his inability to die actually comes off pretty funny.

NSFW:

And, as previously mentioned, they could have the Deadpool/Death relationship in the film if they wanted to.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm not sure a live action movie is right for Deadpool, the game worked well and I can see it in animation but just seems kinda risky for a live action. Then again they've made wolverine so invincible it's silly and those movies work for some folks.

Traditionally, the reason you don't go for invincible characters is because there's no tension if they're never in danger. But you don't go to a Deadpool movie for tension.

Traditionally, the reason you don't go for invincible characters is because there's no tension if they're never in danger. But you don't go to a Deadpool movie for tension.

This. A Deadpool movie should be funny first, before anything else. And by funny, I mean the blackest sense of humor coated with a very heavy dusting of wry, off-beat goofiness. Lace with over the top action and more than a smattering of gore. Rinse, repeat.

This. A Deadpool movie should be funny first, before anything else. And by funny, I mean the blackest sense of humor coated with a very heavy dusting of wry, off-beat goofiness. Lace with over the top action and more than a smattering of gore. Rinse, repeat.

Plus, the fact that he hasn't died hasn't lost any readers is a clear sign that, immortal or not, it's the character that people keep coming back for, not if he dies or not.

You're talking about dedicated fan base vs. general movie going public. I think general public will not be down with that.

Plus, the fact that he hasn't died hasn't lost any readers is a clear sign that, immortal or not, it's the character that people keep coming back for, not if he dies or not.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back