Darth Maul Fabric and Patterns??

Kwally89

Hey guys,

I'm looking to get a cyberman Maul bust, but I need to get the costume pieces secured before I can justify the purchase. I have done a lot of online research, but there is a lot of conflicting information (homespun, wool blends, etc). Soooo...what I need is some buddies who know Maul very well. I'm looking for fairly screen accurate stuff, but I might make some compromises on things that are nearly unattainable such as the Frank Thomas Titan 101 boots (I tip my hat to you Gino). I keep reading about patterns made from the Pepsi statue. I also have tried to get on Obi-Wan's Jedi Academy to get some of their patterns, but the site is/has been down. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!

Kody

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I'm looking to get a cyberman Maul bust, but I need to get the costume pieces secured before I can justify the purchase. I have done a lot of online research, but there is a lot of conflicting information (homespun, wool blends, etc). Soooo...what I need is some buddies who know Maul very well. I'm looking for fairly screen accurate stuff, but I might make some compromises on things that are nearly unattainable such as the Frank Thomas Titan 101 boots (I tip my hat to you Gino). I keep reading about patterns made from the Pepsi statue. I also have tried to get on Obi-Wan's Jedi Academy to get some of there patterns, but the site is/has been down. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!

Kody

I don't remember Obi-Wan's Jedi Academy actually having patterns, but more of a diagram of the layers. If no one has a problem with it, I should have those saved somewhere and I can post them.

I don't remember Obi-Wan's Jedi Academy actually having patterns, but more of a diagram of the layers. If no one has a problem with it, I should have those saved somewhere and I can post them.

I'd really appreciate that! I can't remember if I read that the site had patterns or the layers. Either one would help a lot.

I'd really appreciate that! I can't remember if I read that the site had patterns or the layers. Either one would help a lot.

Ok, here they are. If someone has a problem with me posting these due to the fact that they originated at that site, I'll gladly take them down.

maulinnercoat_f.jpg

mauloutercoat_f.jpg

mauloutercoat_dim.jpg

maulrobes_f.jpg

Thanks bro! I've seen a couple of these not all of them. They will be a great help. Now onto the actual fabrics used, anyone??

The measurements were from the Pepsi statue.....I'm pretty sure. The statue had great patterns but the fabrics were way off.

As anyone actually drawn patterns with the statue costumes?? Also, I am having a terrible time finding Frank Thomas 102's. I have come to the realization that I will probably not find 101's without shelling out nearly $1000 so I can compromise and alter them to look more screen accurate.

Let me know if you need reference pictures of 101's. And, not that it's that much cheaper, but motorcowboy on ebay sells a replica boot. Not 100% accurate, but it is an alternative.

Let me know if you need reference pictures of 101's. And, not that it's that much cheaper, but motorcowboy on ebay sells a replica boot. Not 100% accurate, but it is an alternative.

Ya, I've looked at motorcowboy's boots. His are nice, but the price is a bit steep for a replica boot. I would pay that much for REAL 101s. I would love to see some 360 shots of some real 101's.

Awesome! Where did you happend to find those beauties, and how much did they set you back?...if you don't mind me asking.

I drew those drawings from my Pepsi Statue ten years ago. As the Academy uses them with my permission I don't mind them being posted here. If you have any questions shoot away and I'll do my best to answer.

Doug

I drew those drawings from my Pepsi Statue ten years ago. As the Academy uses them with my permission I don't mind them being posted here. If you have any questions shoot away and I'll do my best to answer.

Doug

I speak for a lot of people in saying thank you for making these...ten years ago. The Academy has been down for some time now so it is nice to get your drawings circulating here.

Wow. I had no idea the site was gone. Doug Barrett (the guy who used to run the site) is a great guy and a pleasure to work with. It's too bad the web site is gone. I'd like to see a mirror site up sometime because it had great info on it.

Doug

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back