Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - Password in First Post

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - V2 Biceps Done pg 130!

Just a quick question. When we scale the models, for example the chest, how do we know where exactly is the height or diameter etc.? To clarify, as stated on the OP, measurement tool?
Thanks in advance!

One advice from me (don't know anybody else)...Scale the Abs piece first measuring the top and compare it with your abs width (left to right). Then with that scale, work on the chest piece scale and you will have the right proportions for all torso piece

Great job!

Just a quick question. When we scale the models, for example the chest, how do we know where exactly is the height or diameter etc.? To clarify, as stated on the OP, measurement tool?
Thanks in advance!

To get to the measurement tool you just right click in the 2D window and select it at the bottom of the list on the pop-up menu.

One advice from me (don't know anybody else)...Scale the Abs piece first measuring the top and compare it with your abs width (left to right). Then with that scale, work on the chest piece scale and you will have the right proportions for all torso piece

Yup, that is good advice.

Last edited:

just release arm v2 please. and question about donated people did they get arm already ?

I'm very new to all this but these files look amazing and i can't wait to build this, thanks for sharing this, must have taken you ages to put it together.

just release arm v2 please. and question about donated people did they get arm already ?

It doesn't hurt to ask, right? ;) I will be releasing all the V2 files at the same time. The only V2 file that is out is the Helmet.

I'm very new to all this but these files look amazing and i can't wait to build this, thanks for sharing this, must have taken you ages to put it together.

Thank you. It has taken quite a lot of time. I enjoy it. Just wish that I had more time to spend on it so that it wouldn't be so stretched out.

Here's a quick update on my progress. Finished pepping 2 of the most difficult parts. Back and chest.
What do you guys think? Start resin it so that it is form solid? or finish pepping the rest first?

Im back.jpg
IM chest neck helmet 1.jpg
IM chest neck helmet 2.jpg

hey dakside501st !
sent you a pm ! hope you got it .. my inbox was full i am sorry :/

Here's a quick update on my progress. Finished pepping 2 of the most difficult parts. Back and chest.
What do you guys think? Start resin it so that it is form solid? or finish pepping the rest first?

View attachment 217082
View attachment 217083
View attachment 217084

Looks great. If you have a safe place to put them then you can continue pepping. If not, I would definitely at least coat with resin... you can fiberglass later. Of course, it doesn't hurt to resin/fiberglass it now even if you have a safe place to put it.

hey dakside501st !
sent you a pm ! hope you got it .. my inbox was full i am sorry :/

I sent a response again after I got your second PM... did you get it?

Here is my progress, it's not perfect but i like the result. :D

DSC_0084.jpgDSC_0087.jpgDSC_0088.jpgDSC_0089.jpgDSC_0090.jpgDSC_0092.jpg

By the way, I have a problem. I wanted to start the fiberglass process and I've seen some videos on youtube to help me out, but I don't understand a couple of things: when they say resin, isn't it fiberglass resin or other type of resin? And what type of fiberglass should it be? Because the only fiberglass i could find is some sort of solid paste.

View attachment 217341View attachment 217342View attachment 217343View attachment 217344View attachment 217345View attachment 217346

By the way, I have a problem. I wanted to start the fiberglass process and I've seen some videos on youtube to help me out, but I don't understand a couple of things: when they say resin, isn't it fiberglass resin or other type of resin? And what type of fiberglass should it be? Because the only fiberglass i could find is some sort of solid paste.

You didnt use the edge IDs???? it must haven been a disaster to pep without, no?

Are you kidding me?! I love the results of your work too! *PERFECT*

To your second question, fibreglass resin. You can use EpoxAmite too!

You didnt use the edge IDs???? it must haven been a disaster to pep without, no?

well, with the pepakura viewer opened, it wasn't too hard.

Are you kidding me?! I love the results of your work too! *PERFECT*

To your second question, fibreglass resin. You can use EpoxAmite too!

thank you! :D and i will try to find the resin then, thanks once again!

Sometimes, it's even easier without edge ID. The fold lines are easier to see.

I see you used Omarbou's files for the arm.

Sometimes, it's even easier without edge ID. The fold lines are easier to see.

I see you used Omarbou's files for the arm.

true story.
yeah, i was thinking about after building darkside's forearm, cutting the pod, but then i saw omarbou's files, and i ended up using his lower forearm and handplate.

Last edited:

View attachment 217341View attachment 217342View attachment 217343View attachment 217344View attachment 217345View attachment 217346

Looks great so far. You can also use urethane resin. If you are going to use fiberglass then you should use fiberglass cloth. Fiberglass mat is too rigid.

I rarely use the edge IDs anymore. Sometimes I still do on larger parts. I prefer to work with the 3D model using the program so that I can see the shape of all the parts before I put it together. It helps me to build them in an order that makes the most sense instead of just slapping it together and making the numbers match.

Looks great so far. You can also use urethane resin. If you are going to use fiberglass then you should use fiberglass cloth. Fiberglass mat is too rigid.

I rarely use the edge IDs anymore. Sometimes I still do on larger parts. I prefer to work with the 3D model using the program so that I can see the shape of all the parts before I put it together. It helps me to build them in an order that makes the most sense instead of just slapping it together and making the numbers match.

I struggle pepping with the Edge IDs, I guess it gets easier with practice!

hi guys
i live in the states and i notice the v1 files are a4 sized paper while the head you have the option of a4/letter
i cant find any a4 cardstock in the states and im wondering what is involved in transferring the a4 v1 documents onto letter paper
Thanks!
and darkside amazing job with these files, i cant wait to use them for my first costume!

hi guys
i live in the states and i notice the v1 files are a4 sized paper while the head you have the option of a4/letter
i cant find any a4 cardstock in the states and im wondering what is involved in transferring the a4 v1 documents onto letter paper
Thanks!
and darkside amazing job with these files, i cant wait to use them for my first costume!

It's pretty easy to change it yourself, just go to printer and paper settings, switch to Letter (change margins to 5mm for max paper usage), then rearrange the parts if needed.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back