Daft Punk Guy-Manuel Helmet Build

If you wouldn't mind posting just the width and length of the bottom of your helmet, that would be enough to get me started. I had a helmet I was working on at college but after some water damage i ended up throwing it out. I should have saved it for the dimensions because they were pretty close, but now I can't seem to get them right again. Argh.

Thanks again man.

A little more progress:

5685695395_ee503e7ffd.jpg

5686263516_012ac870ac.jpg

5685695951_9e7ace37c4.jpg

Sorry, you'd asked for dimensions and I forgot to get them to you. I'll post them this weekend.

If you wouldn't mind posting just the width and length of the bottom of your helmet, that would be enough to get me started. I had a helmet I was working on at college but after some water damage i ended up throwing it out. I should have saved it for the dimensions because they were pretty close, but now I can't seem to get them right again. Argh.

Thanks again man.

This is coming along great,
If you trying to find some thing more solid for the circuit inserts you could always make a silicon mold of what youve got then pure resin ones that way they would be solid plastic,
Just a thought any way,

Thanks for the suggestion, much appreciated. I'm thinking at this point of using PET left over after the vacuforming, but I may need some backup options as well!

I think this picture captures both the triumphs thus far and the work yet remaining. And everything looks better with a new coat of paint.

The ear detail is just a placeholder, the actual will now (I think) be laser-cut acrylic as soon as my brother comes through.

I'm also waiting on the "swiss cheese" holes until I get the rest of the shape final. I'm trying to conserve bondo - I've gone through way too much already!

5799813215_94409a36f7.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back