Custom Power Guy/Power Girl costume

glad Roboto was kind enuff to help out... i was a bit shocked when i saw someone tryin to copy his costume... hence his knowledge of the post.. =]

I'm a little bothered by your immediate harshness with the whole situation robo, I wanted to do a similar costume to yours since I absolutely loved the costume as a whole. If you would have responded to my message without the blaytant harshness in your response, you would have figured out I was doing a version similar to yours, but with a Superman twist. I was unable to see any pictures of your process, and still cant, do to the fact that your Facebook profile blocks anyone from seeing any photos and such on your profile. I then friended you on Facebook, in hopes to continue the conversation with you, but then received a rude message in return, following a complete ignore of the request to be fb friends in order to see said progress photos, with little to no explanation why. It's sad that your girlfriend was more help in getting in contact with you. Her response to my messages was quick and concise with not a lick of negativity.

Since I couldn't find a direct way of communicating with you, and your lack of response, I ten continued to post questions on here in hopes to fnd someone kind enough to share some insightful info.

I'm a little bothered by your immediate harshness with the whole situation robo, I wanted to do a similar costume to yours since I absolutely loved the costume as a whole. If you would have responded to my message without the blaytant harshness in your response, you would have figured out I was doing a version similar to yours, but with a Superman twist. I was unable to see any pictures of your process, and still cant, do to the fact that your Facebook profile blocks anyone from seeing any photos and such on your profile. I then friended you on Facebook, in hopes to continue the conversation with you, but then received a rude message in return, following a complete ignore of the request to be fb friends in order to see said progress photos, with little to no explanation why. It's sad that your girlfriend was more help in getting in contact with you. Her response to my messages was quick and concise with not a lick of negativity.

Since I couldn't find a direct way of communicating with you, and your lack of response, I ten continued to post questions on here in hopes to fnd someone kind enough to share some insightful info.

Alllllrighty, I had to make an account just to respond to this. Your message to both of us was actually pretty assuming and therefore rude. I didn't want to deal with it, so I sent you over to Steven. You're lucky I saw your message at all because it was in both of our 'other' in boxes on facebook. I'm just better at checking that than Steven. (We were also at a con, so excuse him for not checking his other box in his facebook messages to respond in a timely manner)

Your message NEVER said anything about your costume being SIMILAR, or that it was Superman in theme. You wanted to know how to buy Steven's gloves/boots for your Power Guy costume...very presumptuous that he would be kind enough to give you any information on how to make HIS original costume.

And since you can't seem to do this yourself. Here's the link to his publicly visible page. Which is very easy to find (friend or not) on his personal page. https://www.facebook.com/SoloRoboto and because I have no faith that you will actually put in the effort to go through the albums to find the complete step by step on how to make this costume, here's that link too, https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.228792083836272.54508.219775221404625&type=3

Not going to lie, I'm finding this pretty weird on many levels, and rude on a few more. The proper way to have gone about this would have been to message Steven asking if he would feel okay with you doing his original costume. Heck maybe even asking Tallest Silver as well, since this was her original design for a friend. Instead you sent a message assuming Steven would feel comfortable giving you advice on how to be him. I'm sure if you went with the first approach the response would have been more positive than it is now.

No one is going to stop you from doing this costume, but know that we all find it really weird and kind of creepy.

I really don't see how it is "weird" or "creepy" at all... People copy original costumes all the time. That's kind of what this forum is all about. You two are acting as if he is stalking you and being obsessive about it. He found a costume online and really liked the idea of it, and wants to make it. He isn't even trying to pass it off as his design. Why is this such a big deal?

You two are acting as if he is stalking you and being obsessive about it.

:confused I've honestly no idea how you'd get that impression from either of our responses.

I'm not upset that he wants to make the costume - far from it! It's the lack of communication, and the failure to so much as ask how I felt about being copied before asking how to do so. And while I hate repeating myself, I guess I have to say this again:

It's a little... weird to be asked how to copy an original costume. Not offensive, just, strange. While I don't own the idea, I did originate it. It'd be nice to be shown the courtesy of at least asking how I felt before being asked how to copy it. [He's] free to do what [he] likes, of course, but in this hobby courtesy is really the least we can ask regarding our work.

Here's the thing - it's not something from a film, a comic book, TV show, or the like. This was created by a friend and I. There's no necessity to crowd-source ideas. Unlike movie costumes, for example, there are well-documented images and advice on exactly how to make this - I posted them myself!

When this thread was pointed out to me, my initial impression was that, instead of asking me for further, specific advice, he had instead decided to go over my head, and ask other people how to reverse-engineer my work. I hope you can see how that would be irksome, and potentially insulting.

Well, regardless of the original intent, this thread has brought two awesome costumers to the site, so yay for that, and a welcome to Kit Quinn.

Well, regardless of the original intent, this thread has brought two awesome costumers to the site, so yay for that, and a welcome to Kit Quinn.

lol

If you look at my info, you'll see I've actually been registered for nearly a year and a half! I just don't post much...

I lurk around and read the helpful advice. Oh, how I lurk!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back