CP66's Iron Man Mark III Build on a Budget

Looking good dude, just got your link from my post so thought I'd check it out. Looks pretty complexed. Looking forward to seeing the piece completed and painted up. ;)

Me too, I just want to finish this so bad but I'm forcing myself to finish all the peps before I start messing about with resin, foam and filler :D

DOH... I can't believe I put these links on DF's thread bbut not my own!!!

Iron Man MarK III Torso Abs 208mm by Dancing Fool CP66 unfold.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
Iron Man MarK III Torso SideAbs LEFT 211mm by Dancing Fool CP66 unfold.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
Iron Man MarK III Torso SideAbs RIGHT 211mm by Dancing Fool CP66 unfold.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
Iron Man MarK III Torso Spine 332mm by Dancing Fool CP66 unfold.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Those are the correctly scaled (same as the rest of DF's stuff) for someone about 6 foot, I haven't built them yet but there they are and I'm certain that they will be the correct size because I used the scale 1.525 in Designer.

Since my last post I've completed the chast and back, as well as the Pelvis section and both Thighs... I skipped the Abs area because I didn't have the correct scale on them but having chatted to DF I now know what I did wrong and the links above will be fine so they are next on my pep list before the lower leg bits.

Still no pics I'm afraid but when I do get the camera sorted (may be getting a new one) I'll post LOADS of pics and hopefully the Gaffa Dummy pics as well ;)

Sorry guys I got distracted by real life and forgot about uploading the files...

Iron Man Mark III Leg Thigh 409mm LEFT by Dancing Fool CP66 unfold.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
Iron Man Mark III Leg Thigh 409mm RIGHT by Dancing Fool CP66 unfold.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

It's scaled properly to 1.525 and I finished building them last week and they look great :D Pics to follow later this week!

I also finished pepping the Abs and spine parts and the curves aren't quite right for me so I'm going to have to 'fix' them when I finally get round to making the Duct Tape Dummy which is next on my list as the card parts are starting to suffer due to my piling them up in the corner of the room :(

Just thought I should let you all know that this project is temporarily on hold, while I'm still doing the pep work I will probably not be doing any resin or filler for a while until I know how things are going to go with my back.

I got my X-ray results last month and I have a Narrowing disk in the L5 - S1 region of my spine, an MRI at the end of this month will give me a better idea of just how to proceed and wether or not it's fixable out here in the SW of the UK.

Just thought I should let you all know that this project is temporarily on hold, while I'm still doing the pep work I will probably not be doing any resin or filler for a while until I know how things are going to go with my back.

I got my X-ray results last month and I have a Narrowing disk in the L5 - S1 region of my spine, an MRI at the end of this month will give me a better idea of just how to proceed and wether or not it's fixable out here in the SW of the UK.

Sorry to hear that Cyber. I wish you a speedy recovery. :thumbsup

Thank's Stealth it's not the end of the world but it sure makes things slow down a lot, I have to think twice before I try to lift anything heavy or turn fast.

I'll still be working on the build but it's going to take me a lot longer than I planed and I'd already planed to take a while as it was DOH!

Got some great news about my back...

Had an MRI recently and the scan shows little or no degeneration in the disks so apart from losing about 1/2 inch in height and a little mobility due to moving slowly and more carefully the new medication (Meloxicam and Tramadol with reduced dosage Co-Codamol) I'm on are working a treat!

I do have a separate issue with my Right Arm and Shoulder now (Tendinitis) but the 2nd Cortisone injection should fix that soon I hope so Ill get back into the costume build with gusto when the pain levels have dropped a bit.

I will probably have to redo some of the parts I've pepped already due to them being stuffed into a big plastic bag and put out of the way for a while but the PVA glue is still holding strong and will continue to make my build a lot easier for me.

Anyway thought you all should know about why I haven't been about much and I'll make sure to get back to posting here almost daily very soon :D

Hope you get better sooner rather then later. Looking forward to more info on your build. I too have obstacles keeping me from a speedy completion (nothing like that though) but like to see that I am not alone in the stuck but still determined boat lol

Not recovered yet, got turned down for my ESA Benefits so I'm on JSA now :( looks like the money is getting tighter so this is definitely on hold but not given up yet, still only have the Foot and Calf to print out for the finished Paper stage and I've got the Duct Tape for making a dummy so now all I need is the ability to stand up for a few hours :lol

OMG has it really been 7 months since I posted on here?

(*bashes head off keyboard*)

Dright, rtimr dfor an yupdate... (*shakes head to clear the fog*) :facepalm

Just starting to get back into this build now and I've got everything I need for the Dummy except the pipes / wood for the skeletal frame so that's next on my build list, as for the pepwork it seems a lot of my original clean lines and sharp edges are suffering from living less than a mile from the coast as the constant fog and rain are getting inside the house because it's a (16th Century) cottage that was renovated by the Victorians and leaks like a damned sieve!

I'm going to have to go round all the seams and strengthen then before I put them on the dummy (when it's ready) so I'll do some more picture updates then, oh and we treated ourselves to a new camera in the summer as we both really enjoy taking pics of the wildlife down here in not so sunny Cornwall so the new pics should be of a MUCH better quality than the previous lot, fingers crossed ;)

On the medical front my degenerating disk seems to have stabilized and the frozen shoulder has almost been worked lose so things are looking up.

That's all for now folks, I'll post the pics as soon as I've got them!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back