Cowboys and Aliens (not really a) Movie Review

I'll just say this: I liked Thor, I like Capt. America, I liked Green Lantern, (SHOCKER!!!) and I even liked Cowboys vs Aliens! So yeah... They were good films, (In my opinion.)

Cowboys and Aliens: $93 million worldwide
The Smurfs: $249 million worldwide

Looks like higher priced 3D tickets is no longer a factor on why Cowboys and Aliens is getting smurfed at the BO. With Smurf's $110 million dollar budget (+100 million in advertising just for to give you an idea), the film is making a profit. Cowboys and Aliens budget will most likely not get it's production budget back, let alone what the studios spent on advertising.

What an unfortunate turn for those involved. Jon Favreau struck gold with Iron Man, went through complication heck for Iron Man 2 delivering us a not-so solid product, and now he's got a big budget bomb under his belt. And Iron Man 3's director's chair is already taken by a manwho I only know for playing a character that did nothing but make bad p***y jokes. Although, I think he wrote Lethal Weapon so that's cool.

I blame Michael Bay. He made aliens look dumb when they kept on being beaten by Shia Labuckfudge.

Uproarious and delightful this conversation is!

Hedjii72 you made me chuckle, your observation was both witty and on the money. :lol

Oh, I did. I most certainly did.

"Let's just bring them all back."

lol. Not bad at all.

What a lovely treat, to visit this thread and find a comment about one of my favorite movie movies. :) I love the heck out of KKBB. It's like Shane Black said, "Val, you do that Val Kilmer thing we fell in love with, and Robert, you do that Robert Downey Jr. thing we fell in love with, and I'll point the camera at you." Plus Larry Miller.

So I finally watched C&A today. My father-in-law and son and I sat on the couch together and I rented it in HD and I really, really liked it. Evidently it didn't meet someone's expectations and got low ratings, but I found it SOLID.

And man, that Olivia Wilde... ;)

SPOILER ALERT

FWIW, I think the scene of his GF being hacked-up alive wasn't necessary. But appreciated the opening scene where he 'meets' the cowboys.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back