COWABUNGA!! TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLE FINISHED!!!!! PAGE 6

Here's an update on the project:

The shell is molded and will be cast tomorrow and Saturday, with pics hopefully on Mon for all to see. It is a massive 4 part mold, and it looks beautiful. We can't wait to put it on. The head has been molded since these pictures, and will be cast tomorrow, with pics to follow shortly after as well. The chest section (arms, neck and top of torso) will be photographed early next week, as well as the front section of the turtle shell (full chest section). The entire waist and leg sections will also be photographed next week. Both hands are finished and will be molded ASAP...it's all coming together nicely. All of the elbow, knee and wrist pads are being put together now as well.

Here are a few pics to update:

tmnt1.jpg

tmnt2.jpg

tmnt3.jpg

tmnt4.jpg

tmnt5.jpg

tmnt6.jpg

I LOVE what you have done. I am curious though, which tutle likeness are you using as a base or is it a sort of amalgamation/non-specific turtle? I seem to remember their heads being a little larger and sticking out more in the "nose" are...if that makes sense.

AWESOME WORK.

The attention too detail in the sculpts are impressive, though, I may be too critical, but I don't see a resemblance to any particular Turtle from the movie. To me it looks more like a hybrid of characteristics of all four. Not a critique, just an observation.

<div class='quotetop'>(GB_DAN @ Sep 23 2006, 12:15 PM) [snapback]1325057[/snapback]</div>
That totally looks like a Raph... [/b]

that's exactly what i thought. Never crossed my mind being any other turtle than Raph. I can practically hear his brooklyn drawl when the pics loaded up...
raphprof.jpg

My 4/5 year old daughter LOVES the turtles. We asked her what she wanted to be for holloween and fully expected her to say 'princess' but this year she said NINJA TURTLE. I wasn't sure how to react to that one. As far as i know there were no female ninja turtles. But who am i to be gender biased. If she wants to be a ninja turtle, that's her right. right?

Any thoughts on doing an RPF run of your costume?

ps... incredible sculpt duuude. Awesome.

<div class='quotetop'>(BLAST @ Sep 26 2006, 10:33 PM) [snapback]1327117[/snapback]</div>
Man...I really really love those suits. I wish they were using them in the next movie... :(
[/b]

I thought the new movie was totally CG. Are they planning a live-action movie too?

And I agree, you have done an awesome job so far. Keep up the good work.

Can't wait to see it finished.

Seth

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back