collection showoff! - Video Tour - last page

Re: collection showoff- 2 weeks before BABY!

Congratulations on being a father soon, you'll see it's the best thing in the world! And a great collection! I wish I could occupy so much space in the basement but I guess my wife would kill me :lol

Thanks for the compliments guys - I'm busy working - updates to come this weekend.

I spotted a Gundam some where in there LOL, and some interesting looking GOdzilla stuff, i'd love to get a closer look at that mate, congrats on the baby!

Good eyes man!
Godzilla - ahhh.. one of my first loves... :love I always was stunned by the lack of godzilla stuff there was out there. There aren't too many things out there that are accurate/ cool enough to really be worth buying. I've seen a lot of giant green dinosaurs that just have a godzilla sticker on them.. it's quite sad.

So, models. I have no idea what these things are called. But the only one that I know for sure is the "big wrap" he's my favorite. It's so intricate and detailed, I have yet to see a godzilla model come close. (but plenty of sculpts out there by KOC and TsFacto are absolutely phenomenal..I just like the gracefulness of this one with the big wings and all) Original ones are hard to find now and pretty expensive - you'll find a bunch of recasts out there nowadays due to the popularity of the sculpt

Yuji sakai made the sculpt for the "big wrap"
IMG_2880.jpg

with cgi (not my pic):
statueGodziGhidorah1.jpg

more views (not my pic):
GODZILLA_2-1.jpg

Godzilla 2000 by Yamakawa (i think.. or it could be KOC)
IMG_2878.jpg

IMG_2876.jpg

Gigan and Godzilla custom diorama - For the life of me I forget where these sculpts came from. I can dig it up if you really need. I "think" the godzilla is a 2005 T's facto sculpt . The buildings and background are all custom. The Gigan is also from Ts Facto.

CIMG0716.jpg

CIMG0713.jpg

CIMG0711.jpg

CIMG0707.jpg

CIMG0703.jpg

CIMG0701.jpg

CIMG0700.jpg

IMG_2912.jpg

original gigan model (not my pic):
ts-gigan_101.jpg

Hmm - godzilla 1998? grr - my memory sucks now. :unsure
IMG_2881.jpg

My wife actually got me into godzilla - It's one of the few things in the basement she actually said I "had to" collect. haha:rolleyes
I actually have the full set of gashapon godzillas. Including the Yuji Sakai dioramas. The individually standing ones are called "gashapon" because they are toys that come in those little plastic bubbles. (I went through a buttload of bubbles to get all of them). Once you start collecting them you just can't stop - and after a while you just have to get them all. The company that makes them is HG (stands for High Grade). If you google/ebay "hg godzilla" you'll find them. HG has since released a bunch of re-releases for these. Still there are many out there that they haven't re-released and can only be gotten from the original individual bubbles.

IMG_2908.jpg

IMG_2909.jpg

After the gashapon "kick" I found out that they made miniatures of yuji sakai sculpts in diorama form. These things were so cool - so I had to get them all too... jeez, good thing I had a japanese wife who also loved godzilla because it was tough to email stores in Japan to see if they had specific ones that I was missing. These things are so details it's pretty damn amazing. (please excuse the cobwebs, this is a section that I haven't cleaned yet) (if you google/ebay "Godzilla sakai dioramas" you'll find them) (you'll also find 4 polystone dioramas there... don't really have a story behind those)

IMG_2889.jpg

IMG_2888.jpg

IMG_2891.jpg

IMG_2894.jpg

IMG_2895.jpg

IMG_2897.jpg

IMG_2903.jpg

IMG_2905.jpg

IMG_2915.jpg

IMG_2917.jpg

IMG_2918.jpg

IMG_2919.jpg

IMG_2922.jpg

IMG_2923.jpg

Gundam Seed Destiny Strike Freedom 1/60th Scale (lightning edition)

The gundam model was a just a fun model my wife and I picked up and built together. The friggin thing had posable fingers!! It was very detailed. I didn't finish it as well as most model builders. We left all the seems and didnt' fill them in or paint it.. It still came out cool in my opinion.
It's one of the few (i think) Gundam models that is this large and has lighting.

IMG_2885.jpg

IMG_2884.jpg

10045166.jpg

comp.jpg

Last edited:

Nice idea for the Vader helmet lineup.

TBH I'm seriously in awe of your basement and especially the entrance to it. :ninja

I have the Godzilla sakai diorama with the two worms (Mothra larvae?)...got it last time I was in Hong Kong. Nice to see the whole collection...

Last edited:

If you ever need a place to put more stuff I've got extra room at my place........Amazing collection...

Damn Thomas, i´ve seen parts of your collection a couple of times but i never imagined it to be THAT big! WOW! :love:thumbsup

if you ever need a babysitter, just give me a call and me and my fiance will leave Germany behind us and come over...
:love

Okay - so I realized something... I have a lot of crap down in the basement. Boxes containing empty boxes, boxes containing plastic bags.. random parts everywhere.. ugh- I can't tell if all of it came from construction on the house or what... I do know that I'm missing my Batman begins Grapple Gun:angry I think one of the contractors swiped it. I remember I put it right along side my 89 metal speargun. Can't understand for the life of me why they didn't swipe that instead..

So this side of my basement is going to take longer than I thought - it's not just moving things around like the other side - it's a disaster. Plus I have a ton of items that I have to display somehow. After 7 years on this board I still can't figure out how to display my spiderman costumes and any other costumes that are spandex. sigh.

Okay moving right along.

I dug up my SS Tie bomber - it's not 1/24 scale, apparently the studio scale tie bomber was smaller in scale than other SS scale ships in the SW world. It's a smidge blue - but oddly it does match my SS tie interceptor painted by dymerski and also matches those cute little micromachines.

IMG_2963.jpg

IMG_2962.jpg

Started gathering my knight rider stuff together - so I put my screenused miniature with my die cast and my talking car. Thought they actually looked good together - I'll have to get a case for the actual miniature just to protect it and make it stand out a bit.
IMG_2961.jpg

BobbyC's pam anderson. I got this painted - I got it off ebay - I don't know if it's original - I have no real details on it - I put it on a mannequin myself and never got around to painting it. I dunno. if Bobby had finished it himself - it would have looked much better... I think the unrealistic paintjob makes it less like pam anderson and more like just a hot girl. not sure what to do with it.
IMG_2960.jpg

IMG_2957.jpg

Picard stuff - Phaser SE edition: a fun little addition to the picard stuff
IMG_2956.jpg

Picard Borg - armor from houdiniguy here on the boards.
IMG_2955.jpg

IMG_2950.jpg

picard - captain - head is resin - suit from ebay, took me a while to find something of quality - head painted and finished by John Allred. There's some PVC piping holding the head up and a lot of stuffing for the suit. (clearly self finished)
IMG_2954.jpg

IMG_2953.jpg

Silicone Picard - from ebay - already finished - didn't really accurize it since I got it. The head cold use a repaint, just got it to round out the collection - but not too pleased with it.
IMG_2952.jpg

Blade Stuff:

IMG_2936.jpg

Screenused hero sword - all metal, with a metal handle too - apparently pretty rare to find one with a metal handle (but i dun really know) after a few years of looking at screenused props I've seen a lot of "hero" swords pop up from Blade... very annoying - they must have had a lot of them. Case by screenused.com a very very very nice case.
Next to the sword is an autographed portrait of wesley snipes. (you guys said I needed artwork or something on the walls - i'm working on it :))
IMG_2948.jpg

Screenused Stunt shotgun gun - replica metal blade II buckle and metal edta darts (one on the plaque from SD Studios here - others purchased from Rumsfield)
IMG_2946.jpg

IMG_2945.jpg

oh and a replica mac gun - base is an airsoft gun
IMG_2944.jpg

screenused blade trinity suit: complete with battle vest, trenchcoat, vest, sword harness, inner shirt, pants (not shown). I know I know - I need legs. The head is a Russ lukich sculpt - I haven't seen these fly around anymore.
IMG_2943.jpg

Blade II - replica vest, replica trenchcoat. Screenused shirt (signed by wesley) and screenused pants (they have holes in them from where they were draining his blood on the table) - Howard S. head sculpt.
IMG_2940.jpg

IMG_2941.jpg

Blade I - Replica vest ( i believe researched and made by garybarth here) with another Russ Lukich sculpt. Purchased a while ago from Well Paid Killer here. One of my first of many great transactions - ahhh the memories.. :$ I have attached factory X's sword harness to the back of this as well as Factory X's metal sword.
IMG_2937.jpg

National Treasure stuff: (glasses and medallion from Tripoli)

Ben franklin glasses - medallion - and the best part of the collection, RelicMaker's Meerschaum pipe and box. I think I lost the little piece of paper with the red print on it :cry - Don't know what really happened here.. I didn't jump on the ball on the presidential journal, or the brick or other amazing props people had on this board...I chalk it up to a brain fart.
IMG_2929.jpg

IMG_2930.jpg

MIB stuff -
Richard Coyle's MIB I - neuralyzer with a unobtanium noisy cricket from redshirt. Both of them light up, have batteries, are made of metal, and are outstanding. Some minor things I noticed, the noisy cricket's spring is loose for the cocking arm, and it doesn't have the "grate" pattern around the green light area. (dont know which is more accurate)
Oh - the little worm guy is a latex replica (about 1/2 size) from ebay.

IMG_2934.jpg

Last edited:
Re: collection showoff- 2 weeks before BABY! Pics pg 1,2,& 3

I've seen most of Thomas' collection in person and it is museum-like in both scope and presentation. I was there for a little while and couldn't absorb half of what I saw!

Ask him to show off his life sized R2 and Stargate stuff ... simply to die for! :)

"Mommy..... I had a bad dream about all the stuff in Daddy's basement." :lol

Congrats,

Gene

Love seeing your amazing collection.
Sorry to hear about your BB Grapple Gun, I hope you do find out what happened to it.

no offense , but it's really weird to see a Pam Anderson Full sized figure in your room. great collection and even better display cases etc.

Brilliant, brilliant, BRILLIANT collection!!! And many congratulations and blessings on your imminent fatherhood. I can only tell you that it was the best thing that ever happened to me, and as a toddler she was an angel about leaving the majority of my collection alone when asked! Now at age 17 she just steals my sonic screwdrivers! :)

I've seen most of Thomas' collection in person and it is museum-like in both scope and presentation. I was there for a little while and couldn't absorb half of what I saw!

Well that's cuz you weren't around long enough! :) You're always welcome man. By the way folks - That's the guy I've been trying to emulate these past few years. His pics of his lifesized bust collection got me sucked in... and I've been addicted ever since.

"Mommy..... I had a bad dream about all the stuff in Daddy's basement." :lol

Thanks Gene - yea - my wife and I are worried about that a bit... but that's what the secret bookshelf door is for. Hopefully she won't even know that there's a basement until... i dunno... college :lol

Love seeing your amazing collection.
Sorry to hear about your BB Grapple Gun, I hope you do find out what happened to it.

Whoa - you were reading all of that?! :eek Thanks for taking the time to do that - I actually DID find it! Apparently I had stashed it away in a little box on the bottom of all that messy craziness. So woo hoo!

no offense , but it's really weird to see a Pam Anderson Full sized figure in your room. great collection and even better display cases etc.

Yes - It may be out of place - it may be weird... but when your wife says "Lifesized pam anderson? I guess I'd be okay with it." You jump before she has a chance to change her mind. :rolleyes:ninja

Brilliant, brilliant, BRILLIANT collection!!! And many congratulations and blessings on your imminent fatherhood. I can only tell you that it was the best thing that ever happened to me, and as a toddler she was an angel about leaving the majority of my collection alone when asked! Now at age 17 she just steals my sonic screwdrivers! :)

Thank you thank you - Yea - I still have one more week! The doctor says any day now....

So onto more stuff!
I bought mannequins - they were too big. I was going to put all of my batman stuff on them but being nearly 6'2" I'm afraid they'd look weird. Soo, I'll be using them for Master Chief, Iron Man, blade stuff and UD replicas batsuit which I would like to be the tallest one because it's, so far, the coolest one.

Also got a Idol Pedestal - I have to get some fake moss to put on it. Plus, hopefully, I'll get my Gobler idol soon so I'll be able to finally close out this part of the Indiana Jones collection. For now, I present the HOLY ORANGE! All BOW! The pedestal is from COW - made by a great guy Al Landron.

IMG_3004.jpg

IMG_3006.jpg

UD Replicas TDK suit - Yup - it looks even better on a mannequin. Yes, I'm getting the boots and I'll be getting a cowl and cape (if the damn prices of them go down a bit! GRR :angry)

IMG_2996.jpg

IMG_2998.jpg

IMG_2999.jpg

IMG_3001.jpg

SD Studios managed to dig up and find a J2 kit. He finished it just like the movie. (not chrome, but painted). Has a working trigger but no electronics. Beautifully done!

IMG_2990.jpg

IMG_2989.jpg

Put this guy on one of the mannequins I couldn't use. Figured I might as well display it since it was stuck in a box. This is the screenused suit used in Blade II by Asad (played by Danny John-Jules). This suit was used when the vampire messengers broke into Blade's warehouse and offerred him the truce key. thinking of getting myself a pair of Oakley Overthetops and completing the display with a head. Foam Rubber handguards, arm and leg details.

IMG_2987.jpg

IMG_2988.jpg

Whoa - you were reading all of that?! :eek Thanks for taking the time to do that - I actually DID find it! Apparently I had stashed it away in a little box on the bottom of all that messy craziness. So woo hoo!

Yep, lol.
Glad to hear you found it. :thumbsup

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back