Clone Wars spin off “The Bad Batch” series discussion thread

Yeah, I watch that channel.
Still, Tarkin asks like he has some kind of authority over him, and Hemlock acts like he sort of does, too.

The way I see it, in most imperial matters, Hemlock falls under Tarkin’s authority. The facility has more than one purpose but in the case of project Necromancer, is seems to be that Hemlock only reports to the Emperor. Tarkin does not seemed too surprised by this as though this type of arrangement may exist in other projects that even Tarkin is not in the loop. Tarkin appears to be smart enough to simply offer any assistance but also warns him that failure is not an option as he knows whatever it is, is very important to the emperor. Mainly this scene communicates to the audience that not all high ranking imperials are aware of all the Emperor’s big picture.

In addition…
I believe the inclusion of Tech’s goggles is indicative that they want to remind the audience of his loss and that we will see him return.

BTW, I would be more than happy if I am wrong…
This would be a pleasant deviation from what I would call a predictable development. To me Tech is the likely identity because it might lead to a way to get him back. But if writers are counting on this expectation from the viewer, it would be surprise if it was someone else.

BTW, I would be more than happy if I am wrong…
This would be a pleasant deviation from what I would call a predictable development. To me Tech is the likely identity because it might lead to a way to get him back. But if writers are counting on this expectation from the viewer, it would be surprise if it was someone else.

Apparently no one dies in Star Wars, so it would unfortunately make sense.

Sometimes it really feels like this show is delaying stuff as long as possible and goes in circles. I swear last episode ended with Omega saying "i have a plan" and here we are again at the end of this one.

Oh and here we are trying to rescue Omega AGAIN...

Maybe im just getting exhausted with this era of StarWars. Or its seeing the same locations over and over, i dunno. Just doesnt feel like it's going anywhere.

Sometimes it really feels like this show is delaying stuff as long as possible and goes in circles. I swear last episode ended with Omega saying "i have a plan" and here we are again at the end of this one.

Oh and here we are trying to rescue Omega AGAIN...

Maybe im just getting exhausted with this era of StarWars.
It has been getting frustrating…

And i dont mean to be the type who demands major plot progression every episode, theres always character moments and other things to get out of a show. But they're pushing the limit with this one.
I feel the same way with this show. I lost interest and can't wait to get home and watch X-men 97. It was the opposite a few weeks back.

It has been getting frustrating…
Agreed. It's the same trope as the Mandalorian in that they always have to complete something else to get the information they need, very video game like. But for some reason, it annoys me more with the Bad Batch. And there's always a big monster of some kind. At least next week is where they wrap everything up, unless there is now going to be another animated spin-off about Omega, in which Omega gets taken under Ahsoka's wing for training just because Filoni.

Every episode of the clone wars starts with a fortune cookie, I think they needed that mentality when writing this show. It seems like between mando and this show they are starting to use them just to validate "some how the emperor has returned" and the reality is it will only make it worse and open up a larger can of worms.

I am never crazy about the prison storylines no matter whether it is a Star Wars or something else. It's just that you know it's going to be involved and take some time to resolve before it moves forward. I am not trying to say it's a bad thing, just makes me a bit antsy, even in a great story like Andor.

But I do not see it as repetitive. Yes they are back at the same place but the story has moved along. The first prison visit allowed the Bad Batch to know about the facility and also rejoined Crosshairs the group. The addition of Rampart and the part he will play are two intriguing character development storylines that have me well engaged. I think the end of the series will not only be a good wrap up to the series but also be informative to the overall saga.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back