Clocks of Back to the Future

I believe it's a vintage FRAM clock

vintage-fram-advertising-clock-dualite-scarce_1_8519f6c956674169b48002ee412a072e.jpg

I found another version/brand for the "Bulova" clock, the brand is called "Mebus"

View attachment 1484486

I haven't got any luck finding any of the clocks :(

It's the wrong clock and it has the wrong hands, but the face is the correct one. Congratulations for finding this. The face is the rarest part of this clock. It shouldn't be difficult to find a correct clock with a wrong face and another clock that has correct hands.

It's the wrong clock and it has the wrong hands, but the face is the correct one. Congratulations for finding this. The face is the rarest part of this clock. It shouldn't be difficult to find a correct clock with a wrong face and another clock that has correct hands.
I only found a picture of the Mebus clock, not anywhere for sale. None of them are. I did find a Peter clock, that has the right faceplate, but the numbers are white with a black background, not black numbers with white background, like the original. The hands are wrong as well.

That would mean painting it white with black numbers or printing it on a sticker and replacing the numbers that way.

I only found a picture of the Mebus clock, not anywhere for sale. None of them are. I did find a Peter clock, that has the right faceplate, but the numbers are white with a black background, not black numbers with white background, like the original. The hands are wrong as well.

That would mean painting it white with black numbers or printing it on a sticker and replacing the numbers that way.

The picture is from an eBay listing. The clock has been sold on June 20. I thought you bought it.

I found several different Peter clocks too, I even bought one of them. All of them have inverted numbers (white on black background). If you want to change it, I would suggest you printing instead of painting for better results.

mykiple08.jpg

Last edited:
I believe it's a vintage FRAM clock

out of curiosity, I looked for some watches from the opening scene. Holy s... There are 2 fram clocks listed on Ebay, both over $2,000.
I would be curious if any of you have this and what you paid for it.
It's a rare clock from the 50s that lights up, don't think I've ever seen one under 1000 sadly :/

Sorry, didn't realize I had so many DMs and replies about the clocks!

The clock under the Westclox Keno/Raven is a Waterbury crystal regulator in green onyx, a real rarity, known for that distinctive open escapement in the centre of the porcelain dial. Last (and only) one I've seen in the wild was non-running and went for $700+; I assembled mine from parts collected over a long time (and it runs!)

IMG_4085.JPG

The clock sitting on top of the Copal 802 (as minilove666 correctly points out! mine is a stand-in for now) is a Kundo hexagonal anniversary clock with a Kieninger & Obergfell quartz movement.

IMG_5052.jpg

My real coup was finding the correct time switch that runs the toaster (that the Big Ben style 9 sits on top of), which is a modified Western Electric model appliance timer / time switch from the late 70s with a Synchron motor. I searched for that, honestly, for years, and only ever found one.

IMG_5050.jpg

Proud owner of a Bulova clock. Nearly screen accurate. I have been searching for several years and have not been able to find another one. Please follow me on Instagram to see the rest of my collection @lotm_kotc

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    794.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Picture2.jpg
    Picture2.jpg
    861.9 KB · Views: 49

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back