Cheesy/Retro Movie Thread

I may watch that tonight, even though the trailer gives away most of the movie. At least with this one I won't root for the bad guy. Halfway through "Day of the Jackal" I realized I wanted the assassin to make it to Paris and kill de Gaulle.

It's a really good movie. I definitely recommend it. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a really good movie. I definitely recommend it. :)

I knew it was going to be good when I saw John Frankenheimer's name pop up as director. There was still some silliness though. Suppressed revolvers and Robert Shaw shooting someone accurately from 30 yards away from the hip with a snub nosed .38.

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk

I knew it was going to be good when I saw John Frankenheimer's name pop up as director. There was still some silliness though. Suppressed revolvers and Robert Shaw shooting someone accurately from 30 yards away from the hip with a snub nosed .38.

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk

It was the 1970s. XD

Recently rewatched Tremors and They Live. Both are just good, fun movies. A newer, potentially cult classic that I watched was Attack of the Killer Donuts. I mean, just wow. At least the Sharknado series is tongue in cheek, knowingly bad, in a Mars Attacks sort of way, with cameo after cameo by famous people in an otherwise awful movie, who then die in creative ways. I don't think Donuts quite has that appeal.
Kevin Smith's Yoga Hosers was pretty awful, too, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tremors is wonderful. I remember watching that with my parents a couple years ago when I got sick on Thanksgiving... It's a fun film to watch in a strange fever state hahaha

avoid watching dr. detroit. it will make you want to smash somebody in the face with a shovel...it's the movie when people realised what the hell they were watching wasn't as funny when they weren't on cocaine. killed the good doctor's career ever since....

Picked up a DVD of The Satanic Rites of Dracula with Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing. Found it at Goodwill, gonna probably watch it Christmas Day.

1982's KRULL!

Saw that one this summer at Rifftrax Live. It had been at least 20 years since I saw it last. Did not remember all the walking, horse riding and rock climbing. At least there is a very young Liam Neeson in it. And Tony the Corpse Eating Horse <<< one for the rifftraxians. Quite odd to see on the big screen for the first time.

jamie-lee-curtis-john-travolta-perfect-1985-SqPjgVbX1dXr2

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back