CC Klingon D-7

You can now get an epoxy gel that is much easier to work with (but costs more, of course -- convenience = $). I have a lot of wooden chairs around here with failing glue joints. Using regular epoxy makes a real mess because it has the consistency of maple syrup and runs all over the place. (And, once you get it on something, it doesn't really come off completely.)

I recently tried the 5-minute epoxy gel and it was great to work with. It's thick enough to stay where you put it and not go anywhere. I use a scrap piece of 2X4, a scrap strip of styrene, and a Ziploc sandwich bag for mixing. Place the block of wood inside the bag, seal it, then apply the epoxy to the plastic-covered block. Stir with the styrene stick until it's thoroughly mixed.

Once ready, use the styrene strip like a butter knife to apply it. (It's almost like dishing up peanut butter and spreading it on a cracker, etc.) Once done, remove the block from the bag and turn the bag inside out for disposal. Works great!

Just remember to only mix as much as you can actually use.

Kuhn Global,

Do you know whether or not Scott used the Jade Satin and gloss gray paint scheme posted on his site on your (great looking) build, or somethng else?

Thanks,
Jedi Dade

Yes, that is Krylon Jade Satin and Testors Gloss Gray. Kurts photos are a bit desaturated as the Jade should be more vibrant.

Scott

I just purchased one of these kits. Unfortunately, the window/porthole wet transfer decals are missing from the kit. Can anyone sell an extra set to me, or point me towards a source?

Thanks!

I just purchased one of these kits. Unfortunately, the window/porthole wet transfer decals are missing from the kit. Can anyone sell an extra set to me, or point me towards a source?

Try sending a PM to CaptCBoard or post a message on atomiccity.yuku.com

No problem. If you talk to Scott, ask him for the spare running lights.

The running lights that are molded to the bottom of each nacelle are/were at the wrong pitch. You will need replacement running lights if you decide to correct the problem.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back