Catwoman TDKR

anaaestheti

Last DragonCon I was determined to make a version of Selina Kyle. I kept putting it off for years, but after TDKR, I just knew I had to throw my hands at that one. At the time I didn't have a lot of resources, but I lucked out by finding a leather mask maker online who had a great replica of her mask. Version 1 was sans goggles, Version 2 has a modified pair of the Rubies ones I repainting. Debating on how much more wear I'll get out of this costume, I may upgrade and find someone who has a more accurate replica of the goggles.

The Bodysuit
I have never done a raglan sleeve suit before, so I used my general two seam bodysuit pattern, created a mockup and had a friend draw out the sleeve design on me, and I recreated the pattern from that. I used matte PVC for the main suit fabric, adding the under breast-cupping and princess seam detailing with a coated elastic I found at a local overstock fabric shop.

To create the raised effect, I just wore a large-hole fishnet bodysuit underneath the bodysuit itself. Sometimes it is more apparent in photos than others, it all depends on how tight my outer suit is on me.

The Gloves
Version 1 I used some old black gloves I had made for Psylocke (out of metallic spandex). Version 2 are actual leather gloves made by The House of Canney. They are not accurate to the film, and something I would like to redo if I make a 3rd version.

The Boots
I'm proud of these babies. Not screen accurate in the least, but this costume gave me an excuse to finally invest in a pair of New Rocks. These suckers... cost a lot of money, but I get a lot of wear out of them, not just in the costume! I actually love the more industrial style versus the film thigh high / metallic version that was used.

The Belt
A much needed work in progress. This is where I should have been a member of the RPF much sooner, so find someone to help me get the molded belt pouches! I'd love to invest in them. :3

The Mask
From B3 Designs. I love it. :D

Version 1
601644_10151178112543842_1130114986_n.jpg

63860_10151180181298842_694319007_n.jpg

Version 2

31910_10151395135063842_871790704_n.jpg

487597_10151395033683842_1141389656_n.jpg

Excellent costume for a first go , belt shouldn't be too difficult , and I've seen a couple of custom goggle/headpieces here and on 'Evilbay' your boots are very nice indeed , Selenia had steel stilletto's and footplate built in to hers', with respect you have a better fuller figure that AH , so that outfit is guarranteed to be a success regardless !!!

Last edited:
You look like DKR's Catwoman. I wouldn't have noticed the boots were different. That's how good your costume is. It all works well! Good luck finding your belt.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back