CATWOMAN (batman returns style) enquiry

HAL9000

Sr Member
Does anyone have / or know if there are any sites that deconstruct and list how best to compile and source items for a near as possible Catwoman outfit?

I have a (female!) friend who is trying to finish hers.

(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Michelle's Cat suit soon to be on display...

DSCN0151.jpg

Better pics are coming...

Last edited:
Wow! Thanks for those:) I'll have to forward this thread to someone else I know interested in this costume:)

:D You have no idea how happy this makes me:) Because I'm a nosey person... err.. costume geek you woudn't happen to have been able to look at the inside of the corset at all? In the same vein;) Is there any sort of shaping in the suit in the area that is covered by the corset? The Poison Ivy suit from a few movies later had a join under the bust for instance. I would expect something similar (perhaps at the waist) for this suit as there does not appear to be a vertical centre front join above the corset. Anything that helps with seam/join placement would be wonderful:) Both real glued joins and faked white stitches:)

Also, in the final scene she takes off her cowl by undoing the chin strap, any help on the fastening would be great:) And along the same lines, it looks like the latex suit goes quite a way up inder the cowl in the back and it looks like it is shaped somewhat to the jaw.

I'm still really giddy about these images and thank you so much for what you have shared so far:)

Awwww man, now I'm all eager to redo my suit again and I'm really not an any shape to do so.

I wish I had known about it sooner, I could have provided a set of my claws.

Oh well

http://www.metmuseum.org/special/superheroes/designer_quotes.asp
Well they did something...
I adore the armour created for the Iron man section of the exhibit!

And yes, I am getting very close to redoing the catsuit for my Catwoman costume again :) I'm going to see how much of the PVC I have left (much as I'd love a catsuit from Syren.. I really cannot afford it;) ) and if I can make a couple of suits from it that I need.

http://www.metmuseum.org/special/superheroes/designer_quotes.asp
Well they did something...
I adore the armour created for the Iron man section of the exhibit!

And yes, I am getting very close to redoing the catsuit for my Catwoman costume again :) I'm going to see how much of the PVC I have left (much as I'd love a catsuit from Syren.. I really cannot afford it;) ) and if I can make a couple of suits from it that I need.

Some friends of mine worked on the Iron man suit. I got to play around with some of the parts when we were shooting some insert shots for the film. Very nicely made.

Yea I looked at Syren's web page, impressive stuff. I know the gloves were a ordered seprately by the costume dept. They were vinyl evening gloves, real long almost to the elbow if im remembering correctly. They stiched my claws onto them. They had boxes of them as I recall.

Much like these

Loving this thread. I'm a big Batman Returns fan. Most of my prop and costume collection is centered around that film. I don't have much of Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman in my collection yet but I'm working on it. I did recently pick up her "director" chair back along with Michael Keaton's that they supposedly used when filming the movie. Sorry for the crappy picture. Michelle's is the one on top. Note the fake name "Dictel" that Burton used to keep the production secret. I thought that since it was Catwoman related someone might be interested. Keep the thread alive. lol

-Jason M

Dictel.jpg

WOW very nice :thumbsup.

Loving this thread. I'm a big Batman Returns fan. Most of my prop and costume collection is centered around that film. I don't have much of Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman in my collection yet but I'm working on it. I did recently pick up her "director" chair back along with Michael Keaton's that they supposedly used when filming the movie. Sorry for the crappy picture. Michelle's is the one on top. Note the fake name "Dictel" that Burton used to keep the production secret. I thought that since it was Catwoman related someone might be interested. Keep the thread alive. lol

-Jason M

Dictel.jpg

Yea I looked at Syren's web page, impressive stuff. I know the gloves were a ordered seprately by the costume dept. They were vinyl evening gloves, real long almost to the elbow if im remembering correctly. They stiched my claws onto them. They had boxes of them as I recall.

Much like these

I'm thinking of getting some 2 way stretch for the gloves (four way for the body) and maybe some non stretch for the corset.

When I watch the movie it looks very much like her corset is latex as well, and as Syren does make latex corsets this makes sense. I wonder though if the stunt woman(women) got PVC covered one(s) like seen in the other exhibit posted here for cost purposes? Or if Michelle's corset was PVC too.

The "saved- by kitty litter" scene shows how the latex bodysuit gets very dusty and matt when covered in dust. But the corset does as well which makes me think it was indeed a latex job.

Oh wow! Thanks so very much for all the pictures and information. I've been looking into making my Catwoman costume more accurate, and this thread is indispensable! Thanks again! Very impressive all around. :love:

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back