Captain America Winter Soldier - SUPER SOLDIER VARIANT

This is just a helpful tip I had for using the iron on mentioned above. It is extremely thin. I was surprised at how well it worked considering it looks and feels so flimsy. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, build is looking great, now all you guys need is a shield :thumbsup.

I myself am working on something for a con coming up very soon and the method you guys have used to get the design on the shirts seems like it might be a good solution for me, but I do have a few questions about it.

I'm wanting to put this logo:
420759-ImmortalIronFist_17_DragonVariantCover.jpg
Onto this Shirt:
7548.jpg

Two things about this worry me though. First, I can't tell exactly how tight the shirt is on your husband in the picture, but my top is pretty much skin tight, did you guys stretch the shirt while applying the design or anything like that? And also, I've heard that you cannot iron Underarmour shirts, did you guys find any difficulty when you did yours? Haha, I'm just kind of worried that I'm going to end up with a sloppy melted mess and I only have one chance at this :p.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

I used a piece of cardboard on the inside of the shirt that was cut like a t-shirt. It stretched it out a little and assisted in keeping it nice and flat.

It moves really well and also stretches well. However, I used what is called their coldgear, not their typical compression shirt. drakeprimeone may have more advice for you.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
It shouldn't matter as far as stretching is concerned. There are less expensive brands that carry a compression shirt line. Wilson and starter come to mind. You can find them at target and Wal-Mart. If you buy the decal sheets in store you will be limited to 8x11 sheets however you can find larger sheets on eBay or Amazon.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Also the lesser expensive brands sometimes won't have their logo so prominently displayed like under armour does

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Today's progress: I sew on a red strip down one leg. This whole event is fraught with trial and mostly error. We bought heavy duty iron on webbing adhesive. You know, the kind that is supposed to be a no-sew option for fabrics like denim? You'd think it could a thin strip of fabric along a pant leg. BUT NO. Of course not! That would be easy. *eye roll.* Instead, I ended up hand sewing the darned thing. So I only got one done this evening. Once the second stripe is done, I will post some update images. Next on the list is the chevrons on the shoulders. *sigh* Hubby has decided he really wants those. Gah. lol

Looking forward to the photos to see how/where you put the stripes on those Docker cargo pants.

Today's progress: I sew on a red strip down one leg. This whole event is fraught with trial and mostly error. We bought heavy duty iron on webbing adhesive. You know, the kind that is supposed to be a no-sew option for fabrics like denim? You'd think it could a thin strip of fabric along a pant leg. BUT NO. Of course not! That would be easy. *eye roll.* Instead, I ended up hand sewing the darned thing. So I only got one done this evening. Once the second stripe is done, I will post some update images. Next on the list is the chevrons on the shoulders. *sigh* Hubby has decided he really wants those. Gah. lol

The cheapo shield came in this week. With MegaCon tomorrow, I have quite the list! I've already weathered the shield this evening. Now I have to cut out the stars and circles for the shoulders and iron them onto the shirt.

I'll post progress pics along the way! uploadfromtaptalk1395443662871.jpg

@ Tengu:here is how we did the stripes:

uploadfromtaptalk1395443721275.jpg

We didn't go all the way because 1) I didn't want to sew over the pockets or figure out a solution on such short notice when I can't sew anyway! and 2) the drop holsters cover that much of the pant anyway. Problem averted! :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back