Captain America TWS (The Winter Soldier

steamshovel

BUILD STARTS ON PAGE 4

Hi everyone, so I have only a year until the next movie comes out. At this point, I don't know if the costume design has been completed yet or not for this movie. But I am excited about the prospect of this piece.

I want to keep this open for everyone to post and keep ideas flowing for this piece.

Last edited:
Hey steam, considering what your TFA build resulted in, I can't wait to see what this one turns into as well.

I sincerely hope they go back to the more utilitarian, military-inspired look for this one. Like the new Marvel NOW design would be the right direction. I didn't hate the Avengers look like some, but loved the TFA look.

Anyway, I digress. Looking forward to this! Hope we see some good stuff from the production team soon.

I still stick by the sometime in Feb for seeing something of the new uniform based on the Thor 2 photo thread releases as a reference..... guess.

Just remember the photos of the stunt guy from TFA smothered in a cloak in an effort to keep that uniform secret.

We should see a better uniform than the Avengers since Rogers had design input into the TFA 'Stark' uniform remember Avengers was a Fan Boy Committee design done in the Caps absence.
Don't know if we will see a return of his M-1911 45 pistol, if he will start to carry an M-4 variant, or anything at all.

I do know the pressure is on Steam to knock it out of the park again.

Thanks Fly! I'll do my best! Figured after the holidays, there will be some updates coming out of the studios leading into summer. We shall see... Off to start searching around the net!

They have released a piece of concept art for the next phase. At this rate, putting together caps costume won't be hard at all. ;)

Heard from some decent sources the new suit is based off this

1192314-new_steve_rogers_design_2010_02_large.jpg

captain-america-2-winter-soldier-chris-evans_zps75735452.jpg

Rdmaul looks to have the base idea correct.
Just wish the first official image showed more...but the fingerless gloves are clearly visible.

Here is an article from EW: CAUTION SPOILERS!!!

Apr 8 2013 12:12 PM ET

'Captain America: The Winter Soldier': First photo revealed as production begins

by Anthony Breznican

Captain-America_612x380.jpg

Captain America: The Winter Soldier begins production today, and along with this pensive behind-the-scenes photo, Marvel Studios has declassified a few new details about the upcoming sequel.
While the 2011 original was set during World War II, the sequel — as expected — takes place largely in the present day following the events of last summer’s The Avengers. And for those unfamiliar with comic book lore, the subtitle refers not to a snowbound Chris Evans, but to a villainous bio-engineered warrior created from a familiar figure we’ve seen before in the hero’s past (more on that later.)
The sequel, due in theaters April 4, 2014, is being directed by brothers Anthony and Joseph Russo, taking a feature-film leap after groundbreaking sitcom work on the TV shows Community and Arrested Development.
Here’s the new intel Marvel released today about the film:
GET MORE EW: Subscribe to the magazine for only 33¢ an issue!
• Marvel loves to throw in brief appearances by other characters, but Scarlett Johansson’s Black Widow and Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury will not turn up as mere cameos. Instead, today’s start-of-shooting announcement suggests they will have major supporting roles in Winter Soldier. Cap will find himself tangling with top leadership of S.H.I.E.L.D., which suggests Fury will also get some major screen time. Meanwhile, the official logline of the film is: “Steve Rogers struggles to embrace his role in the modern world and teams up with Natasha Romanoff, a.k.a. Black Widow, to battle a powerful yet shadowy enemy in present-day Washington, D.C.”
• That shadowy enemy would be The Winter Soldier, an assassin created by comics scribe Ed Brubaker in 2005, launching one of the most acclaimed storylines in Cap’s history. It’s not much of a secret, but — SPOILER WARNING — The Winter Soldier is a Soviet experiment that used the body of Rogers’ medically resurrected and enhanced best pal Bucky, last seen plunging off a snowy bridge during the train attack in the first movie. Sebastian Stan, who played Bucky in that film, is back again this time.
• Producer and Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige has described The Winter Soldier as “a ’70s political thriller masquerading as a big superhero movie,” so the casting of Three Days of the Condor and All the President’s Men paranoid-thriller icon Robert Redford feels particularly appropriate. Redford has previously revealed he would be playing a high-ranking S.H.I.E.L.D. official, but we now have confirmation he will portray Nick Fury confidante Alexander Pierce, a former agent who had settled into undercover sleeper status before being pulled back in to help run the organization. Redford even looks the part — sort of. (Don’t expect him to sport that skin-tight battle suit.)
• There will be flashbacks: Hayley Atwell, who co-starred in the first movie as Rogers’ 1940s love interest, Peggy Carter, will be back in the sequel — but unless she was also frozen in time and resurrected (don’t count on it) or turning up in old-age makeup (possible, and intriguing.), expect to see her as part of the hero’s history. Toby Jones, who also co-starred in the original as HYDRA scientist Arnim Zola will also be returning as a blast from Cap’s past.
• Cap’s current love interest? That would be Agent 13, played by Revenge star Emily VanCamp. The moniker is a little mysterious, but again fans of the comics will already be familiar with 13′s background. (If you prefer to be surprised, skip to the next paragraph now.) Agent 13′s real identity is Sharon Carter, and that last name is a giveaway — she is related to Cap’s old WWII ladyfriend. Although in the books she has been alternately Peggy Carter’s daughter or niece, the timeline of the movies would require her to be at least one more generation removed — maybe Peggy’s granddaughter? Great-niece? Is it weird to fall for an elderly relative’s unfrozen, super-soldier boyfriend?
• Some other heroes and villains in the sequel, most of them already revealed: Anthony Mackie (The Hurt Locker) will portray Sam Wilson, a.k.a. Falcon — a crimefighter who can not only fly, but also communicates telepathically with birds. Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) will be back as Fury-doubting Agent Maria Hill, while hyper-efficient Agent Jasper Sitwell (Thor and the Marvel One-Shot short Item 47) will be back as The Americans co-star Maximiliano Hernández returns.
On the side of the black hats, Frank Grillo (Zero Dark Thirty) joins the cast as Brock Rumlow, known by the more intimidating moniker Crossbones, a gunslinging mercenary in a skull luchador mask, and Georges St-Pierre (Death Warrior) as Georges Batroc, also known as Batroc the Leaper, a kickboxing French baddie with particularly deadly legs (though his original orange and magenta costume is pretty lethal, too, from a fashion perspective.)
Captain America: The Winter Soldier will be the third film in Marvel’s Phase 2 series, which starts May 3 with Iron Man 3 and continues Nov. 8 with Thor: The Dark World.

Maul- Thanks for that. I'm really excited about what they may do.

Fly- when I emailed you about the costume, I could only see the small pictures. Now looking at it close up, it won't be the same at all. Ha ha! What a difference 5 minutes makes.

in the pic it looks like he has a jacket on and some kind of combats/army type pants on... so I don't think he is wearing the S.H.I.E.L.D looking costume atleast in this pic anyways... but the gloves defo look the same.... can't wait for proper pics of it :)

^ Agreed. Someone was kind enough to post an enhanced pic in the Entertainment thread, the pants clearly look like BDU pants with the pockets stuffed. He is wearing open finger gloves but the sleeves for his top don't look anything out of ordinary.

Sadly, have a feeling his Hero uniform will not have much that is off the shelf.
But the outfit shown in the painting of the Cap vs Bucky, looks like almost every TDY trip...
leather jacket, polo shirt and dockers.
Make the jacket an A-2 and other than his cool hair... already have it.

Heard from some decent sources the new suit is based off this

1192314-new_steve_rogers_design_2010_02_large.jpg

I sure hope not. Maybe if it's a secondary outfit, like his civilian clothes or something else, that would be cool. But, that outfit was a Steve Rodgers Super Soldier outfit, not a Captain America outfit, completely different. Since this is a Captain America movie, they need to have a Captain America suit at some point. I loved both versions of his outfit so far, aside from the helmet on the Avengers suit... I know they'll come up with something new and awesome for this one as well.

Good call early on. The chest emblem certainly looks very similar if not the same, plus keeping the helmet.

Here's the concept art btw:
46216959.png

Just my opinion, I don't like it :( I don't like the suit that inspired it nor do I like this version, just looks too plain. I also don't like the exposed ears, I know the comic purist fanboys are going to throw a parade but for a movie, I just don't like it. What I do like are the shoulders look beefed up, there're bits of leather all around and they kept the leather chin cup from the TFA helmet, but not much else. I personally hope this is a concept and nothing more, that's my 2 cents.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back