Captain America - Avengers: Age of Ultron Costume (UPDATED - FINISHED PICS ON PAGE 3)

Re: Captain America - Avengers 2: Age of Ultron Costume (slow build)

I love how this went from "sorry this is going to be really slow" to "BAM! Here's 60% of the costume!" lol :) looking great!:)

Glad to say I've been making some real progress with the costume build this last week. Here's a pic of what my vest looks like right now.
View attachment 425900

Today I'm hoping to make a start on the belt buckle and finish off some of the chest detailing.

WOW!! Love the colors, they just POP! Can't wait to see more. Beautiful work.

Re: Captain America - Avengers: Age of Ultron Costume (UPDATED)

this is an amazing build...loving it!

Thanks dude. It's been very cool seeing others' builds too. Totally motivates me to finish my own lol.

I'll be working on the back panels soon. I've spent a few hours just browsing through my folder of reference pics building up a better idea of how to make the sleeves, and where all the panels there line up.

In short, more progress pics inbound this week I think. :p

Minor update for you guys. I've started on the back panels, though have found them to be pretty tricky. Was also able to pick up some brown leatherette for the boot tops and gauntlets. I've also received my Fettster helmet kit (which fits surprisingly comfortably) and the leathers that go with it. New pics coming soon, folks!

I've spent a few hours just browsing through my folder of reference pics building up a better idea of how to make the sleeves, and where all the panels there line up.

The sleeves are crazy. I think my pattern ended up being in the neighborhood of 20 cut pieces for each sleeve. o_O

Hi hello I am new here. I stumbled upon this thread, and I would like to ask the threadstarter if you still have the eBay links for getting the chest star? Cos I've searched other Cap forums and I don't think anyone is making any for sale. Thanks.

Amazing work! I don't know how I missed this thread before, but I will be watching it for sure.

I was wondering how you did this pattern? Did you just look at the picture and do it yourself? Did you physically sew it together yourself? I'm not so good with sewing so was wondering how exactly you put it together.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Glad the build is being so well received, especially given how little of it I've posted.
Just ordered DStengler's metal AoU parts, so should hopefully be adding those to the suit in time for the UK premiere! :)

I was wondering how you did this pattern? Did you just look at the picture and do it yourself? Did you physically sew it together yourself? I'm not so good with sewing so was wondering how exactly you put it together.

It's a mix of methods. I use as much reference as I can get my hands on, mostly from set photos found online, and a few of the promo pics they've released. I then lay out an overall pattern for each part of the suit, then draw in the detail into those parts. I'll often use Photoshop to draw out symmetrical pattern pieces once I've figured out how I want all the pieces to come together.

And yes, this is all sewn by me, with my trusty old sewing machine. It's lasted surprisingly well over the years. Think I should call her "old faithful" lol. I would certainly not call this a sewing project for beginners. There's been alot of complex panel design to figure out, and laying in foam elements too, to create the armoured look.

I'll try to add more work-in-progress pics so you can see how this suit is constructed. I've still got a loooong way to go... and only a month to do it in lol. :p

Hi guys, I made the costume of Captain américa second costume in Avengers this link : http://www.therpf.com/f78/replica-captain-america-costume-234342/

I think you have great worked on the front of the suit, but I asked myself, but how did you do to bring up the bumps on the fabric you glued pieces of foam board under the fabric to give it the 3D effect?

I would like to repeat my suit entirely, but with the same fabric as the movie, but I do not find fabric approaching.

For photos to the suit not easy to find, I think you do the testing for this, or else you've worked on a software development ??
But I think your costume going to be really super nice bravo.

Looks amazing.ive done a ton of test patches and finally made a final template. I'm going for as accurate as possible and I must say yours is the best I've seen. Real high quality. My question for you is, are those foam inlays on the abs? Or did you use a different method? And I've been studying the pictures through and through and I believe the blue fabric for the chest a a form of polyester. I only say this because the outter collar resembles the water repellant sport jackets and those are usually polyester and most of the torso of the suit looks to have the feel of a thin rubber, like the abs and abs connector to the chest plate to get the 3-d look of a puffy chest. Depending on the polyester, it can look like that but I havent heard anyone offer that opinion up in the forms so I just wanted to pick your brain about it. I'm in amazement at your work. Going to be too legit when it's done! Good luck and can't wait to see updates

Long overdue I know, but thought I'd share some photo updates of progress on my suit. Excited by the pieces I've made so far, and the patterns for other parts of the suit are slowly coming together too haha

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Oh I should answer some of your questions too...

The fabric is something I lucked out on... massively. I basically found this after searching for weeks on eBay for something close. Then I found out this was the last of the fabric the seller was ever going to have in stock, it was listed as two separate offcut lengths. I snapped it up, and haven't found any since. But I will keep an eye open, if I see it again or learn more about it I'll let you guys know.

The abdomen section is something I learnt a fair bit about when doing my Avengers 1 suit a few years ago. It's two layers of Jersey fabric with cut out craft foam laid in between and stitched around to better define the edges. The red Jersey fabric is nice and thin so the detail shows up really nicely, but it's more prone to puckering, so has to be stretched ever so slightly. The tricky but was laying the white sections on top as they had to line up just right. Templates were a definite key to doing this section right, no way I could've done it otherwise lol

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back