C3-po Replica - new sculpt and finished helmet

Welcome aboard and I agree with my colleagues. The best entrance on the RPF in history. Love the 3PO noggin. I certainly look forward to whatever else you have made :)

Dave

so I am searching for a reputable vacu-plater .Please if anyone knows off hand of any place I would love to try them out .

If you can find the latest Indiana Jones Idol thread, there are a few links to US vacu-platers, including the company that originally did the plating for the Star Wars and Indy productions. Most were located in California.

And that is a beautiful job you did on yours. I don't think I've seen anyone do a sculpt with the dents before. It definitely makes it look even better.

Wow, amazing work:loveAny plans to make a run in the future?:thumbsup

Yep...would love to . I might just offer them in kit form though on account of I hate being responsible for the plating quality but If there is any interest anyone can PM me anytime
for details .Thanks !

Welcome !

That is a serious talent you have there, very well done ! I would love to have something as beautiful as that in my home . Please be sure to show more of your work !

Have you ever thought of doing a 2 piece Darth Vader helmet / mask from " a new hope " ? Now that I'd definately love to see, you obviously have the skills for something like that.

Thanks!! I had thought about it but to honest there are a few great versions already available and I am still worn out mentally from all the research and sculpting and re-sculpting that I might take a break for a bit from helmets and go back to my human projects I started..lol

Welcome !

That is a serious talent you have there, very well done ! I would love to have something as beautiful as that in my home . Please be sure to show more of your work !

Have you ever thought of doing a 2 piece Darth Vader helmet / mask from " a new hope " ? Now that I'd definately love to see, you obviously have the skills for something like that.

Wow! That is unbelievable! Excellent likeness, that is a truly beautiful Threepio sculpt! I especially like the dented version! I just recently started using Chavant, P-40 de-aired, and I really like it. How do you get such a smooth surface? What kind of sealer do you use before you molded it? That is one of the most stunning things I have seen in a while!:thumbsup

Beagle Bill

Thanks! I have not tried the p-40 yet but have heard great things about it . To get a smooth surface you just have to work it with many metal scrapers and patience...also the initial sculpt I did was first molded and cast in fiberglass , then sanded like glass smooth... then re-molded for the master copy...this is usually the procedure used on this type of helmet...you can only get clay so perfect till you have to go through the extra steps . Its a lot of labor but very rewarding in the end .The sealer really doesnt do much but look nice...it was just crystal clear spray .

I hav
Wow! That is unbelievable! Excellent likeness, that is a truly beautiful Threepio sculpt! I especially like the dented version! I just recently started using Chavant, P-40 de-aired, and I really like it. How do you get such a smooth surface? What kind of sealer do you use before you molded it? That is one of the most stunning things I have seen in a while!:thumbsup

Beagle Bill

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back