Bulldog Props M38 & M19 Resin Scope Project

Just a few pics of the air pockets I have been trying to reduce in my castings. These will most likely be present in some of the parts but they are all on the inside. Anything major like the C grade part would not be used. I will be assembling some scopes using those C grade parts and selling them as I go along. The good thing is that the exterior on these parts are mostly problem free.

M38%20amp%20M19%20Scope%20Bubble%20Problems%202017_zpsvhxomu2i.jpg

Here is an interest form to collect data from interested members in a kit. Please feel free to comment or ask any questions if you have any. I still need to register for premium membership before I start any sales in the classifieds section. Hope that gets going soon.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...tRSNjtXUYAxs1F5Qjti-9OdQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

Update - May 18th.

Final bag of screws just arrived yesterday to complete the kit. Sometimes the smallest things are the biggest hurdle. Nothing special, just M2 x 8mm black oxide screws to mount the prism cell. Not accurate to the originals but a good substitute I can afford. The original screws had slotted fillister heads and a spring washer. I have opted not to add a washer to reduce cost and wait time for supplies to arrive. Ebay suppliers in China have not been reliable. 3 orders of screws never arrived so I finally found the same stuff here in Japan but at twice the price. At least it arrived in 2 days from ordering.

I tried hard to find screws that come as close as possible to the originals but there is no perfect match so I do apologize if that part of the kit does not make the grade. I have 3 types of the 3 slotted screws for the M38 but not sure which I will include. The ones I am leaning towards are a dull gray finish but they are closer to the correct head thickness of the original screws. They can be buffed to a shinier finish I think. The first round of kits I sold last year had a shiny nickel finish but they were not exact in detail either. Oh well.
blush.png

Hoping to have an official sales thread/link up this weekend with kits packaged and ready to go. Those who have already signed up on the interest form will be given priority to buy a kit. Photos and details outlining the kit to be posted soon. Thanks again for your patience!
smiley-sw013.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
For all those, who are following this thread with interest...

I own two real M19/32 scopes, that are missing the light sockets, so I contacted Brian about getting some of his casts.
I just received them and have to say, that I am thrilled.

The tiny casts are clear and rigid, packing was excellent, presentation was exceptional.
Seems like Brian adopted the japanese way of always striving for perfection!

If these sockets quality is representative for the rest of the scope-kit, potential buyers will have nothing to worry about.

Thanks Brian, looking forward to your completed kits.

Thank you Markus!

Instead of money, I personally asked Markus to give me an honest review of the bulbs as I wanted a trusted and knowledgeable member's opinion on the product I make. An honest review is worth its weight in gold. I have been prepping this stuff for a few months now and getting real feedback is extremely valuable to guide the project along.

Dark%20matter%20Diagram_zps2bh7npac.jpg

Just thought to post this and hear thoughts on why this black stuff was used or maybe it is just dirt build up. Seems to me like a sealant or screw lock to prevent tampering.
For finishing the scope kit, this may be one way to detail the scope but I want to make sure this actually the case with other original scopes. Any thoughts?

Dark%20matter%20Diagram_zps2bh7npac.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It´s present on pretty much all scopes, that have not been disassembled at a time...and yes, the substances purpose is to act as a sealant IMHO

It´s present on pretty much all scopes, that have not been disassembled at a time...and yes, the substances purpose is to act as a sealant IMHO
Thanks Markus for your help. I am starting to assemble some scopes from my castings that did not qualify for my kit parts and started to think that if the originals had the sealant then replicas would be more accurate copying that. I was seriously going to have custom slotted pegs made like the M38 hasty at sit behind the two holes but if those two holes are more accurate sealed up then why bother.

Small Update- Already posted on the FISD but forgot to here.

I was able to remove the two central reticle assemblies from the M38 & M19 scopes and fully disassemble them. Now both scopes can be molded down to every part.and a central reticle can be installed just like the originals have. This was a bit risky but i managed to get them apart without serious damage, a few scrapes here and there that is all. Taking these apart will make it more accurate especially for the M19 as there is a thin slit on the side of the reticle assembly where light passes through from the light port focal bulb. Its pretty hard to make this 100% accurate but at least its one step closer than before. I am trying to source some flat glass reticles that match the size for each scope but its not easy unless I spend lots having them custom made. Ebay sells 3mm thick acrylic disks that are okay but still 1mm too thick. Going to have to order some and try for now.

Once I get more silicone, I will re mold the M38 and make an extra M19 mold as well. Updates on that when I get supplies in hand and make time for it. In the meantime I am starting to piece together scopes from parts that do not make the cut for my kits. They are pretty much fine but the inner surfaces are riddled with air pockets. Just going to assemble them, paint them up and offer them if they look good. These will not have all the inner parts or screws, just the lenses and 3 outer slotted screws on the M38 . For the M19 I may just fill in the screw holes with a filler like the original scopes had. :)

Last edited:
Check out these amazing micro displays from Paul over on Facebook at TRamp (Trooper-Amps). Here you can see a display test fitted in one of M19 resin scopes. Paul reached out to me about my scopes and how they might be suitable for these displays. From what I have witnessed so far these are spectacular! When I set out to make hollow scopes like the originals I never envisioned something this cool could be installed in them. It makes the whole journey worth every penny and second spent on making them.
Short demo video here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-X6CwWyq4L7UDRnTmFNbFNxYmM/view?usp=sharing

IMG_20170624_172044_zps14m1qxxv.jpg

Paul makes other great products as well like the BlastFX which has the counter display, barrel lights and blaster sounds. Check out his Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/trooperamp/

Wow, th screen inside the scope is brilliant!! I've always disliked those "reticule" stickers, but THIS is so cool!!

Wow, th screen inside the scope is brilliant!! I've always disliked those "reticule" stickers, but THIS is so cool!!
Yes, the BlastFX display is amazing. Paul W. from TRamp makes these crazy cool things. Another community member Lee M. Also a regular on the BlastFX page, has kindly designed an insert for the display that fits in my scope kit.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back