Building a studio scale pod car

Thanks a lot guys....!!

I finished off one of the canopies, by adding the evergreen strip at the bottom to give it that channeled look along the rail.
I also finished the bottom engine cover by adding the ribbing, same as the top cover.
100_0590.jpg

100_0591.jpg

100_0592.jpg

100_0593.jpg

Looking great Michael. It's good to see it almost finished.

I just have a question about one area of the original (for anyone to answer). I see different versions of the central pole in the engine intake area in these two shots of the studio model. Can anyone make sense of why one has the 'radiator' horizontal pieces forming a triangular section where it meets the pole, and in the other, there seems to be just the pole? Maybe that triangular section piece went missing at one point?

I'm curious to see what you or others think of the discrepancy. I'd like to sort it out for the build I'll eventually do.

Attached are the two pics

Oh well...just noticed after attaching that the pics are a bit small and it's hard to see what I meant. Let me know if I should post detail shots...

Looking great Michael. It's good to see it almost finished.

I just have a question about one area of the original (for anyone to answer). I see different versions of the central pole in the engine intake area in these two shots of the studio model. Can anyone make sense of why one has the 'radiator' horizontal pieces forming a triangular section where it meets the pole, and in the other, there seems to be just the pole? Maybe that triangular section piece went missing at one point?

I'm curious to see what you or others think of the discrepancy. I'd like to sort it out for the build I'll eventually do.

Attached are the two pics

Oh well...just noticed after attaching that the pics are a bit small and it's hard to see what I meant. Let me know if I should post detail shots...

Oh man Scott I just scratched this tidbit, I would have loved to build it
minus the right triangles!!!!:lol Damn I just glued it down in place testerday!!!:lol:thumbsdown To be honest I like it better with out all the triangles.......well I am lazy to so this helps!:lol

Please post bigger sexier pics that would be GREAT!!!!

No scratch build. I just have the two kits - I was disappointed with the weight of the pods and lack of rigid wing on the first one, so I also got the timeslip version. And each kit is different as far as that area goes. One has the triangular sectioned radiator piece and the other doesn't. That's what got me started on this question...

Worked on making the mounts for the shrouds that sit
at the rear of the pod car.I decided to pin them so location
would not be a problem come paint time, I did the same thing
with the canopies takes all the guess and mess out of the
equation!

I used some 3mm styrene and captured the profile of the hull
on one side of the mount, and on the other side I captured the profile of the under belly of the shroud,the pics will explain the rest.
100_0634.jpg

100_0635.jpg

100_0637.jpg

100_0638.jpg

100_0639.jpg

100_0640.jpg

100_0642.jpg

Now that's a secure attachment!

I forgot to post close-ups...here they are...I still can't figure out why there seem to be two different versions - it's the same model

...or maybe it's the same in both. I just noticed that the section of the vents I thought was triangular is really hiding behind the post. So neither kit version I have is quite right.

I hope this might help you with the build!

Now that's a secure attachment!

I forgot to post close-ups...here they are...I still can't figure out why there seem to be two different versions - it's the same model

Scott I am Mad confused myself, the part I got as reference showed this with
what seemed to be right triangles.Looking here it looks more like the the vents
are bending into the center part........ahhh I have to go look again!:lol

I like the version on the on the right best, it's simple and clean!
I wish I would have seen this first I could have saved time VS. making all
those triangles like the kit has!:lol:thumbsdown

:lol Scott as you can see I ripped my center "cow catcher" out to replace it
with the pic you posted minus the fins!!LOL

Went on to add the bead around the canopy landing,
and cut out one armor plate that goes on the hull.
100_0692.jpg

100_0709.jpg

100_0710.jpg

100_0711.jpg

100_0708.jpg

Cheated big time here!!:lol Used the old paper trick and rubbed the shape up then cut it out as a template.Had to make one cut to make it match my panel line.
100_0715.jpg

100_0716.jpg

100_0717.jpg

100_0719.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back