Build your own Lost in space robot!!

Originally posted by slave1pilot+Feb 25 2006, 07:13 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(slave1pilot @ Feb 25 2006, 07:13 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-wtfjedi
@Feb 25 2006, 06:03 AM
$18,000.00 :eek
[snapback]1193183[/snapback]​
Plus shipping. :p
[snapback]1193345[/snapback]​
[/b]

Sorry, I guess I was hi jacking the thread. :angel
Really, building your own is the way to go if you have the time and motivation.

The licensed replicas are mainly for collectors that do not have the time to build their own. I will have to produce and sell more than just the first ten to make up my development costs (and I had very low overhead), so no apologies for the price.

And hey, at least mine are less expensive than a Robby... http://www.hammacher.com/publish/10921.asp

MikeJ

Mike,
You dont have to justify your price to anyone. You did it ,man. You succeeded where other big boys have failed. Truly the best version of this robot I have ever seen, and licensed to boot.

Kudos to you.

Totally fantastic work dude. Truly amazing, and a testament to your tenacity. Excellent work.

Now if only someone would offer the same thing for R2. I'm one of those poor saps with no time, but plenty of money to blow on a built up unit. Hook a brother up.

Yep, that book is the way to go. It will really get you thinking on what you can use for parts ect. Here is mine with actrss Alana Curry from T3.

[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/tn_AlanaCurryDX041_1.JPG[/image]

Mike,

Was it hard getting UL Certification? Seein' as how it's got the high voltage for the neons, etc.?

Kinda curious as to what all's involved in bringing a product like this to market.

Originally posted by B9Creations+Feb 24 2006, 08:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(B9Creations @ Feb 24 2006, 08:48 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-rocketeer25
@Jan 20 2006, 02:10 PM
Mike Joyce runs the site, has the license, and is a member here.  Great guy, too.  :)
[snapback]1163639[/snapback]​

Thanks.

We just finished our first ten licensed replicas.
A very short movie here:
http://www.b9robotbuildersclub.com/pub/gal...onsreplica.html

Nothing quite like seeing ten Robots moving and talking all at once.

Best.
Mike Joyce
www.LostInSpaceRobot.com

RobotFamilyFull.jpg

[snapback]1192596[/snapback]​
[/b]

That is a childhood dream come to life. I'd never be able to afford it, but I'd love to just have a look at one up close. Wow. :love

I can only say one word:

FAN****INGTASTIC....

ok, some other words: incredible. brilliant. and truly, a childhood dream come true to see a row of B-9s all life-sized and operating.

wowowowowowowowowowowow.

I dont seem to have the website anymore BUT I remember doing a serach of the B9 forums and there was a gentleman who was writing a B9 OS for macs so his robot would have voice commands and such

OK found it. For those wanting a BIT of automation in thier bots.

B9 OS

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back