Build of the PotC Map (Mao Kun Charts)

Looks awesome! Thanks for trying to tackle this!

When I tried a test build of this several years ago, I thought about using mylar sheeting for the map, and had an idea to use fitted gaskets to provide the spinning effect. Unfortunately, the gaskets don't like to roll and bend, and the whole effect didn't quite come off. I had the feeling a full work-up would have functioned for a few days/weeks and then broken.

The engineer part of me keeps telling me there's a way to do it. It just won't gel.

Mate great work, thankyou for sharing the image because it will help me with a project I have in mind as well.

I'm thinking about sending the image to one of these photo printing services who prints on canvas. Then cutting it off the frame and glue it on a suitable carrier. What do you guys think of that approach? (It won't be ""spinnable", but it will be "rollable", I think)

I'm thinking about sending the image to one of these photo printing services who prints on canvas. Then cutting it off the frame and glue it on a suitable carrier. What do you guys think of that approach? (It won't be ""spinnable", but it will be "rollable", I think)

I made a map a few years ago and I took a map photo to Kinkos (it's a chain copy center here in the Bay Area) to have it printed on canvas. At that time it cost me 50
$omething. I didn't want a shine so I chose a mat finish but it still had a slight shine to it.

http://i50.tinypic.com/kafyb5.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back