Build: 1:1 Anovos Vader Statue

Just finished him up tonight. Sorry the pics are so bad. I'm going to try and get some better lighting and shoot some more detailed pics.

Constructive criticism is welcome! What do I need to tweak?

thanks!!

Attachments

• F2.JPG
    F2.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 279
  • 124.jpg
    124.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 272
  • 125.JPG
    125.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Wow, I think it looks great!
I understand what you're saying about the cape, but I think you can pull the front over -a little- & that would help. However, I do think it's a little bit wide spread on the shoulders. I was worried about the length of the cape when I ordered mine. I guess it's one size (hopefully) fits all. On me, I'm about 6' 3", I think it works fine, for the length.

Here I am, in sweat pants & a t-shirt, I don't have the suit (thanks for the sizing info, for when that day does come), chest boxes, or gloves yet
IMG_0643.JPG IMG_0641.JPG
However, I can see from your photos, if I was actually David Prowse's height the cape would be too short.

I LOVE the base you've built!!! That thing is all kinds of awesome! :thumbsup

Yup. Base looks awesome. You've done a great job but the cape is much to short. Needs to be 1" no more than 2" from the top of the base. In my ROTJ Vader I'm 6'8" tall and my cape is 1".

Brilliant job though. Keep it up.

Regards
T
A
Z

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Really awesome build thread - very informative and I am sure will be useful to other members for years to come! The mannequin modifications are brilliant!!!

Yeah, the cape being too short is gonna bug me. :cool

Perhaps I can find new shoulder armor that allows the cape to cover the shoulder bells better AND get a longer cape. Who's the "go to" maker for such a thing?

Also, is the inner robe (or whatever you call 'em) supposed to be long too? As long as the cape?

thanks for the continued help!

Impressive! most impressive!!

Cool way to display and awesome documentation on a great thread!!!

Looking good, Brad. I agree with what others have said about the cape being too short, but that can be easily remedied by just buying a new one. I can't believe that is ANOVOS' answer for an XL sized cape. :eek

Sorry I didn't respond to your e-mail, but I've been swamped this week.

A few slight adjustments.

I padded the shoulders a bit, pushing up the shoulder bells slightly. This also pushed the front of the shoulder armor down towards the chest a bit.

I'm not using the snaps for the cape and shoulder armor, but rather just tightened the chain...this allowed me to pull the cape over the shoulders.

Attachments

• N3.JPG
    N3.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 195
  • N2.JPG
    N2.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 175
  • N1.jpg
    N1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 177
Yeah, still too short but a good improvement. The inner robe should hang at ankle height from memory. Go check out the Sithlords forum for specific cape measures etc. They are a great resource.

Regards
T
A
Z

Thanks Taz.

Yeah, I'll head over there to check things out. I'd guess I'll end up replacing the inner robe, cape and maybe body suit...probably the gloves too...they seem too small to me.

I'm finding this is a slippery slope of OCD when you attempt to replicate the Dark Lord! :lol

Yeah, still too short but a good improvement. The inner robe should hang at ankle height from memory. Go check out the Sithlords forum for specific cape measures etc. They are a great resource.

Regards
T
A
Z

Thanks Taz.

Yeah, I'll head over there to check things out. I'd guess I'll end up replacing the inner robe, cape and maybe body suit...probably the gloves too...they seem too small to me.

I'm finding this is a slippery slope of OCD when you attempt to replicate the Dark Lord! :lol

I tried to warn you, man. :D When I started my build I never thought I'd become as obsessed as I did with making my statue perfectly screen accurate. I almost doubled the budget I originally set aside for the project and it took over 2 years for me to get it exactly right, but in the end I got exactly what I wanted. Good luck!!! ;)

A little update.

I ordered new wool robes and cape from Custom Props on eBay. I think they are from Argentina. The first set they sent was a little too short, but I was able to sell them in the JY (this Vader stuff holds it's value!)

They graciously made me another set that I had made extra long. I will have them hemmed one of these days, but for now i think too long is better than too short!

Here's a pic...

Attachments

• long.JPG
    long.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 158
It's funny, I think most people assume that the cape is floor length. But both in ESb and ROTJ it wasn't it came right a bit above DP's ankles. but you hardly see the cape at that level in the movies.Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 21.07.20.png star-wars-identities-darth-vader.jpg ( like the other picture you posted above from Esb.

In ANH though the cape was beyond floor length and draped onto the ground. s298076396863591_p3_i3_w1622.jpeg

They used longer capes for wide angles and the shorter capes as seen in the images above for shots where they only showed part of his body.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back