Budget Foam Boba Fett build.

Kirk0

So after completing my Stormtrooper build for under £35 I've decided to follow it up with a budget Boba Fett build to keep me busy over the next couple of weeks.
As with the Stormtrooper build I'm not going for 100% accuracy, just as close as I can get on as low of a budget as possible.

All armour is going to be made from sheets of foam including the Jetpack and Gauntlets, belts will be improvised from what ever I can get cheap the flak vest again will be what ever I can find cheap and the flightsuit will be 2 pairs grey of overalls modified.
The overalls are going to cost me around £20, I'd guess £10 for the belts, £10 for the foam, £10 for paint and about £1's worth of glue sticks as there is very little gluing involved with the majority of the build.

I've made a start on this as I had a roll of foam left over from my trooper build, waiting on more foam until I can progress now.

20131213_111727_resized.jpg20131213_111740_resized.jpg20131213_143201_resized.jpg20131213_155509_resized.jpg20131213_155552_resized.jpg

Subscribed!

After seeing your Foam-Trooper build it gave me inspiration to do Boba. Definitely giving that a go once my Saber is complete.

I expect boba armour to be really easy, other than the jetpack, gauntlets and cod the rest should be simple print and cut with no gluing required. I'm not planning on using pep files for the rest of the armour just basic templates.

Sorry for dragging up an old thread but I decided to finish this for halloween.
Basically when I started this almost 2 years ago I got as far as cutting out all the flat armour pieces and painting the jet pack. I also bought almost all the parts I needed for the soft parts of the costume.... then I put it all in a box threw it up into the roof storage in my shop and left it there until last week.
Last Monday A friend asked what we were doing for Halloween, we had no plans and I didn't have a costume. I gradually got more drunk and got talked into attempting to finish my Boba Fett costume.
I went to work Tuesday found the box had a look what was inside laid it all out and worked out exactly what I still needed which was green paint, glue sticks and the ammo belt, and the gauntlets, I had to come up with a quick way of scratch building some semi decent looking gauntlets.
I bought the paint and glue Tuesday evening with a view to starting Wednesday I also ordered a sheet of faux leather from ebay to make some ammo boxes for the belt.

01.jpg

So Wednesday I get out the paint and start painting everything, I managed to dry 3 coats in which turned out to be enough. I didn't go to the trouble of sealing the foam with PVA just went straight on with paint.

05.jpg

Once this was done I decided to start scratch building the gauntlets inbetween waiting for paint to dry I started with two of these animal play chubes which were for sale in my shop, they just happened to be pretty much the exact right length and fit on my forearms just right.

03.jpg

I messed around with pieces of foam and card until I got what I was going for, they're in no way accurate but they're good enough for this, I managed to build them in enough time to get two coats of paint on them

04.jpg

So Thursday is my day off and I had work to do at home so nothing got done Thursday.

Friday day was weathering and greebles for the gauntlets (just using anything I had lying around, an old remote control, pens bolts, screws and some copper pipe).
The faux leather for the ammo belt arrived later on Friday so I did that also. For the ammo boxes I cut out 8 polystyrene boxes from some old packaging I had lying around cut out a sort of crucifix shaped template on paper which wrapped and covered all parts of the boxes then cut this template out in the leather and glued them on I feel it came out ok.

I also brought some old Chelsea style boots I had at home which the sole was coming off of, I decided to fix the sole, paint the boots grey and then glue black shoe laces onto them.
06.jpg07.jpg09.jpg10.jpg08.jpg11.jpg

Friday Evening I took all the soft parts to my in-laws and borrowed the sewing machine.
The flight suit I havent really taken a good photo of right now, in all honesty the colour is way too dark of a grey but I figure I can correct this in the future if I wanted and then use this one for a Jango costume or something.
The the suit I had two pairs of regular grey mens overalls, Cut these up to make one accurate(ish) flight suit.
For the flak vest back in 2013 I bought a white Body warmer vest jacket I cut the bottom off of this so it was the right length and used the excess material for the neck seal and shoulders
02.JPG 12.jpg

And that was basically the build complete other than gluing velcro onto all the armour and vest and some sewing some clips on the back of the vest for the jet pack.
I had built cut out the back armour in foam but because I was using the jetpack I decided to leave it off. The jet pack is super light, don't even noticed its attached.
I didn't build a helmet as since I originally started the build my wife bought one of the toy ones as a gift so I was pretty happy using that as it looks much better than anything I could make from foam.
I haven't really work the suit properly so don't have many photos of the completed suit I wore it briefly at a Halloween pub quiz Monday in order to win some free drinks for the weekend in the fancy dress competition but that's all, I'll put some pictures on after the weekend.
13.jpg14.jpg

I do have this picture but flash photography really makes the colours of the suit look odd, as they look nothing like this as you can see from all the other pictures.
12192008_10156206458735080_340705044645358178_n.jpg

I put about 8 hours of work into the jet pack previously so that added to the time the rest took I'd guess overall time is around 20 hours to complete and cost around £40.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back