BTTF - Valterra Skateboard

EmmaInCandyland

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi everyone :)! I know there have been a few thread about this, but I was wondering if you could help me on making my Valterra skateboard a bit more accurate!

So I just won one on ebay >

juk0.jpg

I am planning to remove the grip tape and add a new one, remove the bars etc on the other side of the board, change the wheels, paint the splatters and try to remove the double effect on it :x (not sure if i'm clear xD)

So I was wondering, do you guys know what would be the best type of paint for this? I was actually thinking of a posca pen ^^....
Also are the splatters purple or pink? In the movie they look purple to me but everybody seems to make it pink... Mh.

Another thing, do you have any ideas where I could get the right stickers? Did anyone made a vector for this or something? ^^
Or someone here that are selling them?

And finally, do you know where I could find the sort of white coppers for the trucks?! (Or should I just paint the ones that are already on it :x)

Thanks a lot :')!!!

... Another thing, do you have any ideas where I could get the right stickers? Did anyone made a vector for this or something? ^^...

I don't know if anyone has made them, but if there's someone who could post good photos of both sides of a screen used or 100 % screen matched board, I'm sure I could make accurate vector files (for free download of course) as soon as I find the time for it. ;)

I don't know if anyone has made them, but if there's someone who could post good photos of both sides of a screen used or 100 % screen matched board, I'm sure I could make accurate vector files (for free download of course) as soon as I find the time for it. ;)

That would be really nice of you, I could try to, but can't find good resolution of these ^^

By the way, according to you, are the splatters pink or purple? ^^

I think i'll make the back the same purple as it appears on the front, some sort of blue/pink purple, like a darker magenta somehow XD

Thanks for the pics :) By the way, could you help me for the stickers? :p Did you make yours?!

Thanks again ^^

I'm working on the Madrid sticker just now (the one with above the bottom wheels) Do you guys know the font used for this?

(It's not exactly like the one you got on your board :p)

Err this looks to be a bright magenta to me xD

valterra-skateboard-4.png

I'm playing a bit with photoshop, so it's not a vector, but I think it should be something like this I presume?

tdi2.jpg

Last edited:
I think i'll make the back the same purple as it appears on the front, some sort of blue/pink purple, like a darker magenta somehow XD

Thanks for the pics :) By the way, could you help me for the stickers? :p Did you make yours?!

Thanks again ^^

Sadly the pictures are not mine :( ;)

I also haven't made any stickers for my own,
so I can't help you with that either.

But I guess if your good with photoshop you can probably
make a vector of the pattern and then have it printed on a sticker.

I'm good with photoshop, but I haven't made any vectors yet.
I can select and copy the pattern with the "pen" tool for example,
but does that mean that you've created a vector ?
I don't know.

Also for making the sticker, I'll need the exact measurements of the original off-course.

I'll have a go at that front sticker.

I'll post it here, when done.

That's okay :p! Yeah I will try to make mine also XD So we can have different versions and pick the best we like :)

I just wish I had a better picture of the one on the back with the green/red splatters things x)
I could find a brush on photoshop otherwise and tr to make them XD! Any ideas for the font?

I did a quick version of the first part of the sticker

Skateboard-part 1.jpg

Tell me what you think

Attachments

• Skateboard-part 1.jpg
    Skateboard-part 1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 580

By the way, are the wheels meant to be fly madrid wheels? I cannot see any pictures that allow me to identify the brand of the wheels ^^

Otherwise I found these, what do you guys think?

$T2eC16RHJF8E9nnC7QusBRYq0j4H%29!~~60_12.JPG

I have finally finish to cover the double effect of the splatters :) Took me 5 hours to do that (2 layers of paint)
Now I need to make the splatters magenta and rework a bit on the yellow :)

1234005_727873397227980_1203467581_n.jpg

I'm looking into building this board from scratch as just a display piece to have a new clean look. The first thing I'm looking for is a blank skateboard deck, but can't find the right design. Even when I search vintage. Does this shape of board have a name?

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back