Brisbane Australia social & community 2013 subscribe to this thread!

hey folks, paul from coorparoo, on the south side, I have a few props im working on atm, I just have some basic tools and equipment however I am keen to learn some new skills, I also have a blade runner and jedi costume and current projects are a proton pack and pke meter which will go towards gb cosplay, been on here for a couple years and just now found this thread. in the future I will be looking into some official courses etc and learning pretty much every skill I can. deffinetely up for a chin wag and would love to see everyones works and collections.

Anyone know some good cheap hotels near the gold coast convention center for supernova in april? I need to start booking one. Preferably close walking distance

Yeah. Last year we just drove down. I should start looking as well...

Digger would be keen to see your Blade runner stuff. I'm in Runcorn.

I'm going to be driving down this year. As much as it would be good to stay, it will be easier just to drive, park and leave in the evening.

I would do that too but last year it took us 2.5hrs to get down there on the friday night and nearly 4 hours to get home on the sunday night. Traffic was at at standstill the whole time. So want to avoid that like the plague.

Checking the calendar and it seems the Sunday is the first of the School Holidays for QLD. If that is the case, the Friday drive is going to be a PITA!

I won't be there on the Friday and will miss most of Saturday due to work commitments. I will be there on the Sunday though :) I also got the best deal on accommodation too so can play (up?) on Saturday night.

i'll be there in steampunk, this time..other stuff isn't finished! Sat only at this stage, but I'll keep an eye out for you elro. PM me for my Mob if you guys want to meet up at some stage...

Yep, Saturday for me. I'll be at the 501st booth in the sandy (hopefully walking the lines before opening to). I just finished my DLT-19, and will be showing it off.

There is about 5-6 of us with the orange pauldron, so to make it a little different, I'll go with a white one (sergeant rank).

Unfortunately not. if there was 10 days in a week I might get to fit in all the things I love doing. Either that, or stop working 80hours a week <:eek:

Hey I don't do it for the love. The project I on now finishes in less than 3 months, with nothing happening in the future yet. I know, I know, bring out the violins, but its the way of life lately.

I hear ya. The times are changing for sure and sometimes you have to do what you wouldn't normally want to do.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back