Brisbane Australia social & community 2013 subscribe to this thread!

Hey Guys!

Im looking for someone / somewhere locally in Brisbane that I could get (paid) to CNC out some parts for a prop i'm about to start making (Krieg's Axe from BL2).

Estimated part list is :

2 'body lengths'
2 'head bases'
4 parts : head rised parts.

If you guys know of anyone and could get me in contact with them that would be excellent! Thanks everyone! :D

Elro, What do you intend to have it made from. I have found a guy with what he (the owner) called a 5 way router for 3D sculpting. Not sure what his rates are but keen to get some bucks made that have to be symmetrical.
He is in Slacks Creek.

Elro, What do you intend to have it made from. I have found a guy with what he (the owner) called a 5 way router for 3D sculpting. Not sure what his rates are but keen to get some bucks made that have to be symmetrical.
He is in Slacks Creek.

I'm intrigued cavx. Is this a hobbyist who has a 5 axis router?

No he is a professional business. The next time I am in the area I will drop in and ask his rates because I need some parts carved out of MDF for projects I am working on.

I need my parts to be symmetrical, so machining is really the only way. I am hoping to get the parts drawn up as STL and then this guy (price pending of course) to machine them up.

That mouth wheel thing looks bizarre.

Hey, just adding my voice to the people here. Anyone, (or who is), going to Brisnova in November? i had hoped to have some new Halo armour for the evnt but It won't quite be finished in time, I don't think. possibly meet up with a few like minded individuals at any rate. Anyone interested?

James.

Yeah I will probably be walking around dressed as Marty McFly. I doubt I will have my BTTF2 jacktet finished, but should have all the other stuff. So if you see a guy walking around with a Matty Collector Hover Board, probably will be me.

I'm heading to Supernova, hopefully both days. Saturday I'll be in my Theon Greyjoy Ironborn outfit, and day 2 will be steampunk.

Rue

cavx that's great! i'll keep an eye out for you.
Rue Ok, excellent! Will be looking for you too! Not 100% sure what i'll be in this year, possibly as a cyber tactician from Doctor who, or steampunk, or both. (!) (not at the same time tho'). tho' that has possibilities...

Last edited by a moderator:
I am hoping to make it both days. One day in my UD Replicas DK suit and the other as one of the Ghostbusters. I am hoping to assemble a few others. Unfortunately the DK suit is a double edged sword as my ex bought it for my birthday and it still has a host of memories attached to it. I am hoping that wearing it to Supanova will rekindle my enthusiasm for it.

Will keep an eye out for you all. I'll be at the 501st booth as a sandtrooper with the bfg.

I guess we might have already met then at either a 501st charity event or an armour party somewhere?

My wife's TK should be ready (better be) for this event. She bought her "slice" last night.

Oh yeah, here I am messing about during a quiet time at the 501st "trash compactor" on the Monday public holiday just passed. I don't have a costume yet, so just wrangle.
1238282_10201575961514800_1475221057_n.jpg

Dino8836, was that DW this year? I missed this year, though I was there last year and it was pretty cool. I hope to be trooping there next year in my shiny whites.
Will finish the wife's armour first, then order my own.
My 2 boys are in the GA with their own costumes.

Yeah Rue and Tau, been to a few socials (held a few armour parties) now and the guys form the 501st are pretty cool group to be a apart of. I get a kick out knowing that that what they do will raise money for charity and look forward to when I can really contribute in my own SW costume.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back