Breaking Bad Collection - PIC HEAVY

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
I don't think I have told this story before, so here goes.

In Oct of 2014, Kristen and I were in San Diego on vacation and drove up to LA to visit a friend. He informed us that every year "It's a Wrap" has a Halloween sell where they offer screen used costumes for relatively cheap. We stopped by IAW and found a few pieces but nothing impressive. The store is basically a thrify store for "white goods" which are just normal everyday-wear type of clothing used in productions. After a production shuts down, IAW buys the white goods in bulk and then sells them like any thrift store would.

As we were walking out, Kristen saw a hoodie on a rack and said "that looks like one Jesse wears in Breaking Bad." She had just been watching the series and was absolutely mad about it. I scoffed and continued out the store. She continued to investigate... and sure enough, IAW had gotten a ton of Breaking Bad white goods and since everything in that show was a white good, they had almost all of it!!! We spend the next two days between the two IAW stores in LA and then I came out, making two additional trips to purchase more. In the end, we bought almost 300 pieces, all from the BB production, some that we KNEW belonged to Walt or Jesse. Some that we THOUGHT might belong to them (the pieces are only marked from the production they came from, not who wore them. We spent MONTHS pouring through the items, throwing out many that weren't a match, keeping those that were. While it is very difficult with such plain clothing, many we were able to screen match. In the end, we came up with 80+ pieces that we matched to Walt or Jesse.

For us, this was the find of a lifetime, something we just stumbled upon. I don't suspect it will ever happen again, but it was amazing. Sadly, we couldn't keep ALL the pieces. There were just too many. We gave some away and sold the rest through PropStore.

Here are the pieces we found and were at one time in our collection:

Breaking Bad Screen Used Collection 01.jpg
Breaking Bad Screen Used Collection 02.jpg
Breaking Bad Screen Used Collection 03.jpg
Breaking Bad Screen Used Collection 04.jpg
Breaking Bad Screen Used Collection 05.jpg
Breaking Bad Screen Used Collection 06.jpg
Breaking Bad Screen Used Collection 07.jpg
Breaking Bad Screen Used Collection 08.jpg
Breaking Bad Screen Used Collection 09.jpg
Breaking Bad Screen Used Collection 10.jpg
Breaking Bad Screen Used Collection 11.jpg
Breaking Bad Screen Used Collection 12.jpg
Breaking Bad Screen Used Collection 13.jpg
Breaking Bad Screen Used Collection 14.jpg
Breaking Bad Screen Used Collection 15.jpg
Breaking Bad Screen Used Collection 16.jpg
Breaking Bad Screen Used Collection 17.jpg
Breaking Bad Screen Used Collection 18.jpg
Breaking Bad Screen Used Collection 19.jpg
Breaking Bad Screen Used Collection 20.jpg

That’s awesome! Such a great collection! And a hell of a find! I wish I would have known about that place! I live a couple blocks away around that time!

What a great story! And some great pieces to go with it! Love how you did the black mannequin against a gray backdrop. Really makes the pieces stand out.

Sean

Wow thats pretty amazing, all of jesse's stuff is so rad. If that were me i dont think id be able to decide which items to part with but i guess having too many items to keep is a good problem to have haha

Geez, Art, I asked you a bunch of times to show us your collection but I haven’t expect THAT! :oops:

No really, that’s some amazing stuff with a great origin story!
I wish there were anything close to such shops in Germany...

Nice i own some pieces but not screenworn... I own the red cloud zip hoodie and then the hoodie from 4 days out and also the one that jesse wears when he is on the toilet and walt breaks in while jesse is smoking meth
What brand is the red cloud zip up hoodie from?, been looking for it for a while But can’t find it

Nice i own some pieces but not screenworn... I own the red cloud zip hoodie and then the hoodie from 4 days out and also the one that jesse wears when he is on the toilet and walt breaks in while jesse is smoking meth
That’s awesome! I’ve been looking for the red cloud zip up hoodie for a while, but haven’t found any matches, do you know what brand the hoodie is from or if you know somewhere I could get it? Same with the 4 days out hoodie, any information is appreciated

That’s awesome! I’ve been looking for the red cloud zip up hoodie for a while, but haven’t found any matches, do you know what brand the hoodie is from or if you know somewhere I could get it? Same with the 4 days out hoodie, any information is appreciated
did you find the red sweatshirt with clouds?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back