Borderlands 2 Zer0 helmet

So here is my new helmet. I made a smoother buck, and I used VHT niteshades which gives a much better finish. The reflection is much better, unfortunately the camera didn't reflect. I will try better pics tommorow.

Thanks guys. I just want to add, its still not complete yet, if you look close enough, you can see my ears. This is because I haven't decided what materials to use, such as wire mesh, craft foam, stretched spandex and so on. When I start on the costume, (which is already behind schedule) I will keep you guys updated.

Mini update: took of the visor which was held with hot glue, and reattached it with contact cement, this works SO much better! If you plan on attaching any visor to anything, contact cement is the way to go.

Last edited:
Another mini update: If you guys noticed, there was a dent on the visor where the plastic was weak to the center-left of the above picture. I fixed it by adheding a strip of plastic to the dent, making it smooth. I will also take this opportunity to mention that the b0ne h3ad is in construction, the f0rg0tten helmet will be coming soon and I have plans to make the zer0 glados helmet from poker night 2.

I'm using this post to mention about my costume i'm working on. I'm working on my foam armor to attach to my baselayer top. At the moment, I'm painting the front peices on the body. I'l start a new thread when I have good progress.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, I used JTM's zer0 pepakura model I changed for using with foam, thats on my first post if you want that. I also used JTM's normal pepakura file for making the visor.

Hey dude! This looks great! I would love to get my hands on the file, but for some reason i cant. Please help me out!
Great work man!

It's been a helluva long time since I last posted progress (April 2013 to be precise) and that's because I simply left it at that stage and stored it away; the helmet was complete so there was no need to carry it on.

Fast forward 32 months to early January 2016, I ended up at the stage of constructing a portfolio for prop making and special effects courses after I finish my last year of college. After gathering my more recent work, I rediscover the helmet I stored away for so long, and I realised that I never actually finished it (like 100% finished), so I decided to take it with me and include it in my portfolio.

To include it, I felt I needed to complete it and show off its true potential; it's current state would of dragged down my portfolio so I needed to do a complete overhaul on its appearance. To do this, I had to gap fill every gap and all errors I made (there was a lot, this was my first prop I ever made after all), completely repaint the shell of the helmet, fix the visor (a few cracks) "cel" shade everything and finish off a clear coat.

Here are the results...

Joshua Guess, on Flickr

Joshua Guess, on Flickr

Joshua Guess, on Flickr

It's amazing that a prop I made that long ago as a complete noob now looks like a completely new piece by just knowing how to make it look better. I have been using this piece for my portfolio and it's a great addition to all of the other work I have been presenting to universities.

I can now finally put this prop to rest as there is nothing else I can do to it...

Absolutely love this thread! Invaluable information! I was curious to see if you got the F0rg0tten helmet made at some point. I'm trying to build that one myself. I saw that you mentioned it years ago and I was hoping you followed through with it so I could compare. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a pepakura template for it nowadays..

Absolutely love this thread! Invaluable information! I was curious to see if you got the F0rg0tten helmet made at some point. I'm trying to build that one myself. I saw that you mentioned it years ago and I was hoping you followed through with it so I could compare. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a pepakura template for it nowadays..

I'm glad you like my thread! to think my first thread I made 3 years ago with no experience whatsoever can still help people out! I remembered asking that question about 3D models almost 3 years ago and I spent months looking back then, but never came up with anything so I gave up my fruitless search and moved on.

Quite recently, I actually found a modified pepakura model of F0rg0tten from the original model but I simply haven't got the time to make one; I'll upload it soon and shoot you a PM with it as well.

EDIT: Link: https://vk.com/doc113423708_412394586?hash=4d86786d2d8944cf90&dl=25da17567a3c5f7a66
It's the best link I could find; it should instantly download when you click on it. (tested on Chrome) Just to clarify, I do not own the link, nor do I know who made the link so credit where credit is due for whoever uploaded it.

Last edited:
would it be possible for you to send me the files another way, possibly by email? it is not letting me download the file on the link that you have above. if this is possible it would be greatly appropriated

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back