Bob the Alien (Giger inspired Alien)

Re: Bob the Alien (Giger inspired Alien) Its back on!

Hello Leigh,
which uses pigment?

Thinking about it, this stuff would be ideal for what your doing :)

http://www.mbfg.co.uk/liquid-plastics/lr-pth-polyurethane.html

If you notice my casts are varying shades of grey, that's just because I've been experimenting with the pigment. The last cast I did (the fin) has come out almost completely black & that was at a mix of 9% So If black is what I'll be going for then in future I'll mix at 10%.

:)

Last edited:

Off Topic: Bizarrely you and I just liked a few of other eachother's Alien pics on Instagram a few days ago completely unrelated to this thread!

Thats awesome, looks like we have similar taste!

Hello Leigh,
let the removable rear fin, or the paste with plaster definitively, hiding the seam?

The fin will be bonded forever, or is removable forever? If will be glued forever, you will hide the separation zone with a surface finish? I like it too, as seen in the photo, because it maintains a technical aspect. :):thumbsup

pinna.jpg

Last edited:

Oh ok :)

I'm not sure if I'll blend it or not? I have the choice :) It doesn't need to be glued to stay in place, surprisingly it fits really well :)
878.jpg

879.jpg

:)

Last edited:

It just looks soooooo fantastic; makes me want to practise my airbrushing skills!

I think I will blend mine to give it a more organic feel. That will work w/ the paint patterning I intend to use.

I broke my laptop over the weekend :facepalm

I lost about 70 Bob pics off my hard drive :( I've recovered the ones I'd already posted but some from between the last post & now are missing.

I have been busy though :)
I've made a FG tube out of woven FG, soaked & tightly wrapped round a 22mm tube. The tube has been bonded into the stand part of the body & filled around it with extra urethane.

The body was then foam filled & is now pretty strong :)

I've also been experimenting with the lips :)
I made a hard urethane rubber mould around that very delicate cast of the lips. The urethane rubber is Shore 85, its similar to cold hot glue in stiffness.

I tried running a cast in clear Addition cure silicone & it failed, didn't cure :(
Next I tried soft urethane rubber I left over from the first attempt way back. That was past its shelf life & didn't cure! :lol
So I've spent quite a lot of time cleaning that mould :rolleyes

I learned a bit about the mould in the process though & made some adjustments along the way.

My last attempt was using the very same urethane the mould is made from but with black pigment added & it worked!! hoorah :D sort of :)
I got one bubble in the top lip but I know how to prevent that happening again now :)

So the plan will be to cast this in clear urethane rubber with a touch of pigment. It wont be as flexible as I'd have liked but it'll be glueable & paintable :)

I'll add some pics in a bit. I opened Photobucket yesterday & received several trojan attacks in the space of a few seconds :angry So naturally I'm being cautious what with a new laptop n all.

it's beautiful! Hello Leigh, is blown the hard drive, or you've broken? Because I have a lot of data inside my and should I do a backup and also print paper. When I think about it, I always have a little fear, but defer always to give other priorities.

Hello Leigh, is blown the hard drive, or you've broken? Because I have a lot of data inside my and should I do a backup and also print paper. When I think about it, I always have a little fear, but defer always to give other priorities.

Hard drive is shot! :( I put a post in the OT about it looking for advise :)

Oh & I forgot to mention in my previous post that I tried casting the teeth in cold cast Aluminium :) I ripped that idea straight off of you Daredevil :D Thanks :)

Edit: I'm getting married on Friday so there's not likely to be any more updates for a couple of weeks :)

Hard drive is shot! :( I put a post in the OT about it looking for advise :)

Oh & I forgot to mention in my previous post that I tried casting the teeth in cold cast Aluminium :) I ripped that idea straight off of you Daredevil :D Thanks :)

Edit: I'm getting married on Friday so there's not likely to be any more updates for a couple of weeks :)

Aluminum die, or a casting resin containing aluminum powder?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back