BlindSquirrel's JUDGE DREDD HELMET CONTEST ENTRY

I got my first coat of paint on the helmet today and like a dope, forgot to mask off the stripes. I'll let the paint cure for a few days and then apply that paint before I top coat and weather.

IMG_4883.jpg

Last edited:
Today I finished my helmet. I started by cutting 1/2" foam and covering it with headliner material to make the interior padding in the helmet. Now it sits snugly on my head with no wobble.

IMG_4900.jpg

I painted the top stripes and gave the helmet a nice shiny clear coat. We now have a perfect rookie helmet.

IMG_4903.jpg

IMG_4902.jpg

IMG_4901.jpg

Now to make it fit in with the Dredd movie universe, I needed to beat the hell out of the finish. After spending so much time making the helmet smooth and clean, it KILLED me to take to it with rasps, files and blades. The scuff painting and grime was much more fun.

IMG_4904.jpg

Now this helmet has seen some action!

My friend Paul (AmazonChitlin) was nice enough to model the helmet as my beard is not Justice Department Regulation. Strangely enough, the helmet actually has a great field of vision.

IMG_1843.jpg

I consider this helmet a version 1.0 in the sequel production exploration. The next version would slowly step away from the comic book design by reducing the size of the lion to expose more of the visor. Maybe some light eyes would be cool as well!

WOW!

Does that ever fit the bill. :thumbsup

Your PM mentions that you're having trouble uploading to the gallery. If that continues to be the case let me know and I'll upload your picture for you.

Terrible! Throw it out immediately and then walk away without looking back.
Please hurry, my legs are cramping up hiding behind this bush.

You truly are some sort of magician.

I *need* one of these helmets! Truly amazing job!

Given that I didn't get to finish mine, it makes me very happy to see someone who's taken the Brit-Cit idea and truly excelled with it!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back