Blakes 7 "walkman" prop

MsTeal

It is from the programme Blakes 7 & I suppose it could be described as their take on the Walkman!
deliv055.jpg

Do you have any other photos of this prop? If you do post them here, and I'll try and recreate a 3D model you can print.
deliv055-prop-6_00x.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, much appreciated. Unfortunately the prop only appears for literally a few seconds. I have blown up a couple of photos below, but they are not that clear - hope they help!

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    176.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 4.png
    4.png
    304.1 KB · Views: 63
Thank you, much appreciated. Unfortunately the prop only appears for literally a few seconds. I have blown up a couple of photos below, but they are not that clear - hope they help!
What episode is it from? I'll try to grab some clear shots.

Bloody hard to get any good reference. This was the best I could do for you.
I've attached a PDF of this image, and the STL file to get you started. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

2023090301-960.jpg

Attachments

• 2023090301.pdf
    182.9 KB · Views: 66
  • Audio Device.STL
    1.7 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Bloody hard to get any good reference. This was the best I could do for you.
I've attached a PDF of this image, and the STL file to get you started. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

View attachment 1735919
Thank you so much for your time & effort in doing that - I really appreciate it! As I am completely new to 3d printing - would you have any recommendations of where I could get it done? (Feel free to PM me as I am not sure if we are allowed to mention companies etc here).

Thank you so much for your time & effort in doing that - I really appreciate it! As I am completely new to 3d printing - would you have any recommendations of where I could get it done? (Feel free to PM me as I am not sure if we are allowed to mention companies etc here).
I have no idea where you live, so can't help with local 3D printers. You could try Fiver, or the common ones like Shapeways.

*edit - I just had to update all the files because I forgot to do the cutout above the handle!
2023090301-render-960.jpg

Last edited:
I think the gadget crops up in The Way Back (series 1 episode 1), being used by the records clerk? I remember the glasses anyway, don't know if the device was on his desk, I'd have to rewatch it.

I think the gadget crops up in The Way Back (series 1 episode 1), being used by the records clerk? I remember the glasses anyway, don't know if the device was on his desk, I'd have to rewatch it.
I will definitely give it a rewatch in the next day or two!

The more I look at it, that thumb looks recessed. Can you see an edge under the thumb, Dr Jones Sr ?
Not really, but it looks to me like there's a series of rectangular switches that goes along that surface. But the photo is so blurry who can say.

Wouldn't it make sense to have a row of switches? "Play" "stop" "rewind" and so forth? Old tape players had those. How else do you operate it?

This is a picture from The Way Back - it appears to be the same make but a different mode!? I prefer Cally's one anyway as it looks more streamlined!

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2017-02-18-22h28m09s148.png
    vlcsnap-2017-02-18-22h28m09s148.png
    165.5 KB · Views: 71
Oh yes. Never noticed they were different. I wonder why? It makes no sense to remodel the prop for such a minor scene. How odd.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back