Blade Runner- A Web of Props (Original Pics updated)

I've been busy with work lately but have been making bits of progress and interesting discoveries.

I've found that like the ESPER the Voight Kampf is featured on screen in two different configurations. The one used by the actors has a smaller BW main screen and a few other general front details that more closely match the original Syd Mead sketch.

SYD%20Sketch.jpg

VK-actor-hero.jpg

and another image of the Actor model with the smaller screen and different detailing-
0702132_Deckard.jpg

On an unrelated note, I've also found that the commonly found Deckard ID replica is fairly far from what we see On screen. Most of the fan replicas use the Rep Detect eagle beneath the POLICE heading at the top of the ID. This detail is stolen from Phil's replica which was derived from a mystery Japanes replica.

Here you can see after Deckard blasts Zhora and presents his ID that the ID simply uses the classic 995 beneath the POLICE title.

badge-compare.jpg

It's hard to believe that no one has caught this yet (other than Phil, who now has acces to the original.) I also tend to feel that the purple commonly used is either too light or that the background to the ID may even be black.

Also watch when Deckard is dialing Rachel's phone number from the Snake Pit's Vid-Phon the ID almost slides out of the wallet. Pretty cool.

More info coming soon.

Nick

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>Quote:<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color> the ID simply uses the classic 995 beneath the POLICE title</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color> I can see a blurry shape, but it doesn't look like an eagle or numbers to me. Are there any clearer shots?

Harry.

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
nick daring wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
Wow! I'm impressed. This guy works fast! In less than one week of my last post he's made a new updated version of his ID.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3831400030

</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

I got one of his old IDs and they are GREAT! very nice work....looks like I need to update
icon_wink.gif

what about that wall paneling inthe background. someone should make just one of those squares, mass produce vaccumm formed sets. I'll bet SOMEONE out there would like to decorate a room like that. Man I need a vac. form table.

Looks like having an over abundance of vid-phones is important in the Bladerunner trade.

I have now found at least 5 of these vid-phones in Deckard's apartment.

-one by the window
-one on top of the 'sideview ESPER'
-one next to the bed when Deckad passes out
-one next to the piano
-one can be seen on the wall in the bathroom.

Also I found two more of these phones in Bryant office. One behind Gaff's shoulder and one in the video briefing sequence.

Deckard-Phones2.jpg

This doesn't include the ones in Holden's scene as discussed earlier in the thread.

Guess they are giving these things away in 2019.

Also note that they come in black or grey to suit what ever your decor may be.
icon_smile.gif

I think that most of this item was a found part. There are just too many of these found throughout the movie not to be. Anybody recognise this thing or better yet have one sitting in their garage?

Nick

And for Harry here is a comparison using the new ID replica for comparison. The 995 matches up perfectly to me.
badge-compare2.jpg

Nick

I agree.

In fact that was the one element I was gonna keep to myself and use on my personal ID but since you were sharp enough to notice you get the gold star (or the red X as the case may be).

Nick

Edit- Here is a quick mock-up of what Jedipunk and I are talking about.

badge-compare3.jpg

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>Quote:<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>And for Harry here is a comparison using John Domrzalski's new ID for comparison. THe 995 matches up perfectly to me.</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>Thanks Nick, that's much clearer now. I can see how the bottom parts of the numbers 995 could have been mistaken for a straight line etc.

Harry.

And for the hell of it here is my only other pieces of reference for the Deckard ID.

old starlog photo-
elbadge.jpg

and the Vid-phon scene where it almost slides out of the wallet-
badge-slide.jpg

Nick

All I can tell is congrats, you're doing an excellent dective work (my mouth is closed due to a non-disclosure agreement I happyly signed nad agree).

What do you think Phil? This Nick has a very sharp eye, doesn't he?

Regards and keep researching-by the way Nick any advance on the Esper?

Sergio

Thanks fellas.

I know you guys can't throw in any 'official' info. Don't worry about it for a second. Besides it's fun to figure it out purely by means of "movie archaeology".

I'll be able to pick up one of your wallet sets once my big three picture movie deal hits, until then I'll just plug away on my own stuff for now. Much rather build it than buy it anyhow.

As far as the ID goes, I think not much else can be pulled from these photos and have pretty much hit a research wall. The rest will have to be conjecture.

The ESPER R&D goes slowly. I'm swamped with comic work right now so only bits and pieces of the blueprinting is getting done at any time. I've decided to first blueprint the Voigt Kampf since it is the base of the Hero ESPER. Once that work is done I'll jump to the blueprinting of the ESPER.

Then comes building.

Slowly but surely this baby will get done.

Phil- How's the JW bottle project coming along?

Also Phil when Deckard is dialing Rachel's number in the bar he is looking at a black piece of paper/cardboard with white lettering on it. Was this paper found in the wallet that you are replicating?

phonenumberpaper.jpg

Nick

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
nick daring wrote:

Phil- How's the JW bottle project coming along?
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Here's were the bottle project is--

1. I've found a vendor on whose paper the labels will be output.

2. I have a custom bottle manufacturer picked out for the bottle.

3. A preliminary label (based on a real JW label) has already been created and tested.

A lot more work is still needed, as this is going to be a huge project (e.g. bottle creation in a 3D program, possible SLA output for prototype glass molding, packaging for shipping, etc.) I imagine that we'll sell hundreds (if not thousands) of these bottles worldwide.

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
nick daring wrote:

Also Phil when Deckard is dialing Rachel's number in the bar he is looking at a black piece of paper/cardboard with white lettering on it. Was this paper found in the wallet that you are replicating?
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

No, that piece of paper was not included in the wallet I replicated.

Phil

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back