Blackout's Mark 42 HD Pepakura Files >view my helmet model interactively online!<

Re: Blackout's Mark 42 HD Pepakura Files

Hello, you make an excellent work!!! Moreover, you offer your PDO files for free! Thank you for that. As you are talented, I want to know if your next project could be the Batman Arkham Origins’ COWL to offer in PFO file. I support you! Good continuation! Thank you ; ) !
(I am sorry if there are faults in my message, but I am French!^^)

http://www.therpf.com/f24/arkham-origins-cowl-182159/

Cowl-Arkham-Origins.jpg
Cowl-Arkham-Origins-3--2-.jpg
Cowl-Arkham-Origins-3--3-.jpg
Cowl-Arkham-Origins-3--1-.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion Jojo,
I'm afraid this is my next project. I plan for this suit to take me a year or two because of some secret stuff i will announce later on in my Mk42 Build thread.
However I can see myself doing other 3D modelling here and there. And that cowl is a nice piece and quite tempting. we shall see.

Edit: The build will take a year or two, not the modelling (hopefully :') )

Hey man, I think your helmet is one of the best but can I ask you to add some reinforcements till you haven't released it? I think it's a pretty helpful thing in assembling of helmet:)

Hey Blackout. First of all thanks for this awesome helmet. I just started working on it and ran into some trouble that maybe you can help me out with. I'm using the paper one unfolded by streetsoul and there are two parts on the forehead area that have valley folds that I don't know what to do with. It's part of the 6 "stripes" that make up the forehead. If I valley fold them, then the tabs just stick out. There's nothing to attach them to that I can tell. I'm attaching a screenshot of Pep Designer, so maybe it will make more sense.

mk42.jpg

I put little arrows where the valley folds are on the right. I can't figure out what to do with them. If you look on the left, that's where the two pieces go. They'd just be little flaps on his forehead if I folded them that way. If they were mountain folds like the rest, they'd tuck in and it would make more sense. Any ideas?

*EDIT* So am I just dumb? Do those tabs get glued down to the top instead of the underside like the rest of the tabs on those 6 strips? I just thought that was odd, because only those 2 strips do that and it's not like the two tabs add any needed texture because that whole area is supposed to be round. Excuse my noobishness, this is my first pep.

Last edited:
Just finished making "his and her" helmets using your version 1 files. I'm pretty happy with the result.
1.jpg
Not sure if I'm slow at pepping, but these helmets took me a good 12-14 hours each to make, what with all the detailing on the forehead and around the back of the helmet. The eyes weren't particularly pleasant either :/ Anyway, no worries now as they're done and ready to fibreglass.

Thanks very much for the files. I think these are going to turn out really well!

This looks amazing, I am eager to give your version a go, if successful, would definitely follow your work and get a whole armour out of it.

This looks very good. I am working with the same model, can someone tell me if how many grams of paper should i use? Previously i am using a 200 gsm thickness of board but i am having trouble with the small parts... Really small details. I guess i am just too excited. Most comments tells me bout patience... (Breathe in)

I was wondering if someone had the same file but in pdf format with "by the numbers" please... This will be my third try ever. Having trouble with gimpee's file. But i already made a faceplate and had a problem with the part from the eyes >.<

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey guys, i found this thread a few days ago. I build the helmet unfoldet by streetsoul and it is way too small to wear, i am just using pepakura viewer is there a way to increase the size or do you have a bigger version?

Thanks.

Blackout, really beautiful stuff dude...High Definition is exactly what i call it..the pep versions anyway..can't wait to build your suit bro. Just started the helmet. And thanks for doing this in an HD paper version,i have been looking for one for a while.

Last edited:
So, as for the indented "crescents" under the faceplates cheeks, are they attached to the jaw or faceplate in this model? Sorry to ask, I've been away from my desktop for a while and can't download the files to check. Thanks

p.s. How is the sizing in reference to the sharkmark helmet at default?

Re: Blackout's Mark 42 HD Pepakura Files &gt;view my helmet model interactively online!&lt;

Hey gaz
I'm just wondering. In blackouts version of this pep helmet. At the end of the pep stage does the faceplate actually connect to the main piece or is it a seperate piece at end. Same goes for the back piece
Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Hey gaz
I'm just wondering. In blackouts version of this pep helmet. At the end of the pep stage does the faceplate actually connect to the main piece or is it a seperate piece at end. Same goes for the back piece
Thanks

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back