Bimmer's Movie Props - Current WIP: Batman Begins Suit (PIC HEAVY)

Re: Bimmer's Pepakura Movie Props - Current WIP: Batman Begins Suit

i'm loving the batman begins armor1 i'm might have to give this one a try when it's all done!

As of right now the Begins armor is a commissioned model so i don't know if they will want the file released later on or not. That hasn't been discussed with the client.

Have you considered doing any other batman related models? I for one would love to see you do an accurate '89 batarang or '89 speargun. Shoot me an email and let me know if you'd be interested in another commission after your done with you current job. I've got a few things i'd love to see come to life.

I sent you a PM

Update - I got the rest of the neck and upper chest in today as well as the armpit area. The Bat logo is a separate layer that will rest on top of the chest piece.

BeginsRestart36.jpg

BeginsRestart34.jpg

BeginsRestart35.jpg

BeginsRestart36.jpg

Yikes I've been doing pepakura making models for people for a while now some of these I'm surprised you were able to make a pepakura file from based on the amount of detail you've put into it. I would'nt even mess with unfolding some of these models. What's the current Batman Begins poly count at right now?
THX,
John"Vagabond/Nintendude"Wieger

Yikes I've been doing pepakura making models for people for a while now some of these I'm surprised you were able to make a pepakura file from based on the amount of detail you've put into it. I would'nt even mess with unfolding some of these models. What's the current Batman Begins poly count at right now?
THX,
John"Vagabond/Nintendude"Wieger

I really don't think the begins suit will be too hard to unfold. I've have quite a bit of experience with it, its just quite time consuming. The model itself will be broken down into sections similar to the way an Iron man suit pep is.

The total vert count is 5680 and quad count is 5048.

BeginsRestart37.jpg

As you can see, it isn't really high def anywhere. I think the only part that will prove challenging for unfolding is the piping around the ab section. I may even go back and reduce that a bit to make unfolding and assembling easier. We'll see

Will you be adding the design work on the sides of the hammer?

I've thought about it, but it seems to be more trouble than its worth. Also there haven't been tons of reference images for it. The video game trailer has some angles. Maybe as more refences become available i'll return to it. It would be rather pointless to try and model it for pepakura purposes, but 3d printing the detail pieces might not be a bad option

it's been a while since I pepped...... must get dirty again.... ty!

Re: Bimmer's Pepakura Movie Props - Current WIP: Batman Begins Suit (Really pic heavy

it's been a while since I pepped...... must get dirty again.... ty!

You're welcome :) Enjoy what i have available so far!

Another update (i spent a lot of time on this model today.. haha)

The thighs have been blocked in. They aren't placed in exactly the right positions but i'm pleased with the progress today. The back and spine need a little fine tuning and proper proportioning as well.

BeginsRestart38.jpg

BeginsRestart39.jpg

BeginsRestart41.jpg

BeginsRestart42.jpg

BeginsRestart43.jpg

Don't mind the different colors of the suit rendering each time i post new pics. I like changing it up. It gets boring staring at the same colored suit for hours at a time haha. Plus i thought the highlights on this render looked really cool

Last edited:
Re: Bimmer's Pepakura Movie Props - Current WIP: Batman Begins Suit (PIC HEAVY)

The Begins is looking really nice buddy. :cool A few things need a tweak or two but coming out very nice. I'll email you later today with some more ref pics etc. Keep up the great work really happy with where this is headed. (y)cool

I hope this turns out like Iron Man where everyone is able to make their own suit at home! Best of luck to you Bimmer and anyone who is attempting the suit. I love seeing people try new things!

The suit is turning out great, it makes me happy to see someone taking so much time and effort to do it right. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

As for the hammer, 3D printing is exactly what I had in mind the first time I saw your model. I'll see what I can do about digging up some more reference pics for you.

Last edited:

Awesome job so far bro looking good keep it up

yehey for Batman! once its done we'll make this! :rolleyes

I'll sign a petition to get a hold of these pep files... they're friggin awesome!! Maybe Bimmer's client will be struck by generosity...

lol lets hope so i cant find n e bat man peps at all and the suites
cost too much for me and i have six boys
that love the bat

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back