Big ol' Spaceship

hoggworks

Hey all,

I'm still working on my foam-based robot puppet, but I thought I'd also share some of my progress on making a 5-foot long spaceship out of cardboard. It's for my webshow The Pilkington, which I'll be building stuff for basically forever. The ship is a decommissioned UN peace-keeping ship, and is meant to be very cumbersome and inelegant; like a tanker or a cruise liner, not anything sleek like a Millennium Falcon or anything.

This is a rough sketch of what it will look like:
photo (3).JPG

NOTE: All of the visual stuff in The Pilkington will be crafty. It's a puppet show, and the ships are built out of cardboard, to give it (hopefully) a unique home-made look. This becomes relevant when you see the pictures of the assembly:

IMG_2029.JPGIMG_2036.jpgIMG_2037.JPGIMG_2041.JPGIMG_2051.JPGIMG_2056.JPGIMG_2081.JPGIMG_2083.JPGIMG_2087.JPG

I just finished adding lots of details to the exterior of the ship, and will be adding those pictures shortly.

Nice start! Looks like a very intriguing design! I also love the last picture with your buddy next to it. He has a look on his face like, "Why do I have to stand next to this thing?"

Detail work!

p_1.JPGp_2.JPGp_3.JPGp_4.JPGp_5.JPGp_6.JPG

That's the body of the thing. Next I need to figure out the lighting (which will involve me drilling holes for fibre optics, I think) then paint the sucker.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back