Beverly Hills Pawn - JP Cane

JiminSTLouis

Sr Member
Wednesday's Beverly Hills Pawn (originally aired 11/13/13) paid 30K for a Jurassic Park Cane. Their expert said it was authentic because production added a "proboscis" to the imported mosquito (a long tubular mouthpiece used for feeding or sucking) and that couldn't be duplicated.

Do the JP experts out there agree?

Thanks

I'd say it 'can' be duplicated...but probably hasn't by those who make the canes.

Got an address for these people?
I'd love to see if they want another one for say....$15k ;)

I missed this episode, how many of these canes exist? We were given one. We were told it was directly from the movie.

The market is FLOODED with replicas, and darn good ones at that. Unless you have iron-clad provinance or documented lineage, I would be skeptical to take anyone's word that it "came directly from the film". The chances are extremely slim.

I actually looked it up after I posted this. I believe mine is one for the crew. It is in the clear box like in some of the pictures I've seen posted. I know my mom got this from someone that worked on the movie but I still have no idea if there's any value to it.

Quite a few were made for promotional gifts as well.

As for value, well it is worth what someone will pay you for it.

I actually looked it up after I posted this. I believe mine is one for the crew. It is in the clear box like in some of the pictures I've seen posted. I know my mom got this from someone that worked on the movie but I still have no idea if there's any value to it.

Edit: The assistant prop master said both Spielberg and Attenborough were given original canes at the completion of filming.

Brandon

Last edited:
Of course it can be faked. If it can be built, it can be replicated/faked.

NOTE: The majority of the gift/wrap canes have fake mosquitoes in the tops. However, I have seen several with real mosquitoes, too! Tons of wrap canes out there.

Wednesday's Beverly Hills Pawn (originally aired 11/13/13) paid 30K for a Jurassic Park Cane. Their expert said it was authentic because production added a "proboscis" to the imported mosquito (a long tubular mouthpiece used for feeding or sucking) and that couldn't be duplicated.

Do the JP experts out there agree?

Thanks

Just curious does anybody have any pics of the actual screen used prop? :unsure :confused
Closest I have seen were gift canes which aren't 100% screen accurate, like missing the black rubber feet.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back