Battleship <Spoilers> don't look if you have not seen it.

Re: Battleship

saying Battleship was as good as Avengers is just plain stupid sorry.
...In your opinion only. I saw both and was roughly equally impressed by each.
Calling someone else's opinion of a movie, "Stupid" because you personally don't agree is the height of childishness.

well, so be it. i might have gotten it over the wrong way, because the film is just meant to fail. it could have never done any good, to make this film.

They might have made the best of what they had with the script, its still a stunningly stupid movie, especially when you make it pg-13 with bleeping out curse words. If you are a fan of movies with mile deep plot holes, decent cgi, and bad acting, that is too long for its own good, then more power to you. My oppinion is as good as any.
but in my oppinion, watching this movie is a waste of time, because it just doesnt add up, and is overall pretty shallow and (in my oppinion, so that you are happy) fairly stupid.
You just can not compare it to the avengers (which didnt pull me out of my shoes either, but was in a whole different league than this trainwreck), because they had good actors, a good director, a decent script, good dialog, it all tied together, and was built over time.

its not just a coincidence that Avengers gets a Rating of around 90% overall via rottentomatoes and imdb, while Battleship bombs. so its not just my oppinion. Well, so i am childish

I saw bits of 'American Warship' on TV a few days ago. It's an obvious ripoff, with a battleship fighting aliens. Mario Van Pebbles and Carl Weathers do just enough to get their paycheck.

Battleship is probably Shakespeare compared to this turkey.

Hahaha I was flipping back and forth between this and ID4 Sat night. How did they end up killing the alien vessel?

I read where it only made like $25 million. They're saying it may be another John Carter.I thought about seeing this but after hearing it was like Independence Day, I'll wait for tv. Then I saw that Rihanna (sp?) was in it and I'll probably never see it. I can't stand her. She's not an actor.

...In your opinion only. I saw both and was roughly equally impressed by each.
Calling someone else's opinion of a movie, "Stupid" because you personally don't agree is the height of childishness.

Guys.. This is the summer film season.Like I said.The plot so over the top but I still feel that its not in good form to call one opinion childish is not in calling for the fun of seeing movies.If you must disagree.. Be gentle men about it..OR I'll shock ya..Just kidding guys :behave

Hahaha I was flipping back and forth between this and ID4 Sat night. How did they end up killing the alien vessel?

Don't know. I couldn't take any more. When they used their big guns to shoot at something right beside them I turned it off.

just so you can see all the smartness rihanna provides in this movie:
Read Every Line of Dialogue Rihanna Says in Battleship -- Vulture

I saw the movie last night. It was what it was. A popcorn action flick. I was not impressed. The action was good. I felt from the very beginning the acting was stiff like EoS said. That opening scene in the bar, I couldn't tell if they were supposed to be drunk or had a hard time breathing like that Stevie kid from Malcolm in the Middle. The acting did get better, but the truly good actor (Neeson) in the movie didn't have much to do.

That Rihanna thing is funny though. I watched it and thought "Does she provide any acting at all, or just these *supposed to be COOL, one liners*? That confirms its.

I didn't hate it, but going in w/the low expectations I had, it barely if at all, met those.

I just got back from seeing it, and I enjoyed it for what it was, a good popcorn flick.... I especially like the fact that the alien rockets were the same shape as the pegs from the game :thumbsup

but i find it a bit enjoyable, though the story is really shallow, but the effects is really good. Forget about Liam Neeson, i can't almost recall his presence there. lol

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back