Batman-esque Engagement Ring (Dark Knight Style)

Baconbringer

Greetings!

I have been a lurker here on theRPF for years now -and everytime I lurk this site I am amazed over how many brilliant propmakers there is on here.

So naturally I wanted to consult you guys for the ultimate challenge I'm up for.

(I realize that this might not be the correct place to post my thread, and I'm sorry if that's the case - feel free to move this thread to a place where it might be better suited.)

Here's the thing, me and my girlfriend are about to get engaged.
She's a huge fan of Chris Nolan's Batman Movies, consequently she's also a fan of Lindy Hemming (Dark Knight costume designer) and she is an even bigger fan of the batman comics (Frank Miller!!!).
(And ofc she would rather be engaged to Christian Bale, but I'll do I guess)

What I like to do is to create an engagement ring in the style of the Dark Knight with inputs from theRPF community, and with that combine her interest for Batman and my interest - propmaking and the amazing people here on theRPF!

I do have a preliminary design in mind, so I'm not asking for a free ring design, far from it actually - I want something that have been influenced from as many people as possible in this community, even a comment like "Dude, too round" is much appreciated!

What I have so far is:

• Color - Dark (Black and gray)
  • Base Material - Thinking of Tungsten
  • Rim Material - Platinum or white gold.
  • Bling - She really don't like bling, but I would like to add some small tasteful diamonds.. I just don't know how to bake that into the design! ^^

That is basically what I have so far, I'm working on a sketch on the ring, and I will get a CAD model up as soon as possible!

I really hope to get some pointers and input from the community, that would really make this ring a true symbol! ^^

Thank You!

Last edited:
Hey man I saw another thread just the day about a batman themed engagement ring. At the bottom of this page there is a thread called batman engagement ring by dmaff06 check it out it might give you some ideas. Its a batman/harley quinn design.

Hey man I saw another thread just the day about a batman themed engagement ring. At the bottom of this page there is a thread called batman engagement ring by dmaff06 check it out it might give you some ideas. Its a batman/harley quinn design.

That is some brilliant craftsmanship!

Very inspiring - and here I thought my idea was original! ^^

Thank you very much for the pointer Greeky!
I have no idea how I missed that thread...

Yours WILL be original as its based off the dark knight. And not a problem mate glad I could be of help :) I look forward to seeing this design you have in mind

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back