Batman Collectibles

I wondered at first but no, they do indeed have a license with WB. They also recently acquired a license from Universal. I'm not sure if they're licensed for the Star Wars dioramas though I don't know if you actually need it for those. I assume you do. They are making a Snow speeder so they must have one. They should also have a license from Sony being that he sells a 1/6 Homecoming Vulture figure.

As far as preordering, I guess that's a chance you take with any smaller company. They've already released the '66 and Justice League Batmobiles and The Batman Batmobile is shipping later this year. I think the Bat-Wing is made to order. So, they do come through.

The owner, Joost (pronounced "Yost") is really cool. He does a lot of interviews and is constantly updating on his progress. In fact, he encourages feedback on his designs and if anyone can offer production references. If someone points out a mistake in his design, he'll fix it.

There's a lot of vehicles he wants to make. I mentioned he already acquired the Universal license. He plans on making KITT and maybe some Jurassic Park vehicles. He would love to make a Delorean but since Hot Toys just released theirs, he's going to hold off for now.
I did a tiny bit of digging. Mainly because with HT releasing their 89 Batmobile again, I really was curious as to how they would allow another company to release a very similar product.
Yes in some of their images they show the DC and WB logo.
But when you read the FAQ they explicitly state that they are not affiliated with any studio.
Being that they are not based in the US or UK, I would guess it is harder to enforce your copyright.
To me it doesn’t look like they actually are licensed but I could be wrong. I looked at Hot Toys website and in their FAQ it states they have rights to the trademark they are using.
Form your own opinion of course but their website isn’t the clearest on what, if any licenses they hold other than saying they are and putting the respective company’s trademarks on their images.
Finally, in relation to the Jurassic Park vehicles or KITT, the Universal license wouldn’t suffice. They would also have to obtain licenses from the vehicle manufacturers in order to replicate them in scale. They own the IP on their vehicle designs.

Finally, in relation to the Jurassic Park vehicles or KITT, the Universal license wouldn’t suffice. They would also have to obtain licenses from the vehicle manufacturers in order to replicate them in scale. They own the IP on their vehicle designs.
True. He mentioned that in an interview he did regarding making an Aston Martin from James Bond.

True. He mentioned that in an interview he did regarding making an Aston Martin from James Bond.

I do want to be clear that I genuinely don’t care one way or another.
I think they make really good looking items.
But if I genuinely had a license I would make sure as a small company to plaster it everywhere to add legitimacy to what I was doing.
I did have another thought about them. A licensed product has to be signed off on by the IP holder. It was stated that they will alter the product based upon fan inputs, that doesn’t jive with how licenses work. Of course there are prototypes but the IP has final say on what can be used prior to the product releasing.
Here is HT terms.
“Unless otherwise noted, all materials on this site are protected as the copyrights, trademarks and/or other intellectual properties owned by Hot Toys Limited and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates or by other parties that have licensed their material to Hot Toys Limited.”

Jazzinc.
  • “The copyright in material contained in this website and any trademarks and brands included in that material belongs to the owners. We are in no way affiliated to or associated with Lucasfilm, Marvel, DC, 20th Century Fox, Harry Potter, Warner Bros, Universal or Disney. All dioramas and display cases sold are the property of Jazzinc Design BV unless stated otherwise.”
It seems pretty clear cut to me. I would think if a company was licensed then their terms would have to be legally updated to reflect such.

I do want to be clear that I genuinely don’t care one way or another.
I think they make really good looking items.
But if I genuinely had a license I would make sure as a small company to plaster it everywhere to add legitimacy to what I was doing.
I did have another thought about them. A licensed product has to be signed off on by the IP holder. It was stated that they will alter the product based upon fan inputs, that doesn’t jive with how licenses work. Of course there are prototypes but the IP has final say on what can be used prior to the product releasing.
Here is HT terms.
“Unless otherwise noted, all materials on this site are protected as the copyrights, trademarks and/or other intellectual properties owned by Hot Toys Limited and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates or by other parties that have licensed their material to Hot Toys Limited.”

Jazzinc.
  • “The copyright in material contained in this website and any trademarks and brands included in that material belongs to the owners. We are in no way affiliated to or associated with Lucasfilm, Marvel, DC, 20th Century Fox, Harry Potter, Warner Bros, Universal or Disney. All dioramas and display cases sold are the property of Jazzinc Design BV unless stated otherwise.”
It seems pretty clear cut to me. I would think if a company was licensed then their terms would have to be legally updated to reflect such.
Yeah, I'm not sure honestly. I'm just going by his word. He's very out in the open. Surely all these IP holders are aware of him and would've sent a cease and desist order. However, that would only apply to the US and UK as you mentioned earlier. Him shipping to the US would suggest that he has the licenses. Wasn't that the deal with Ainsworth and his "original" stormtrooper costumes, that he's prohibited from shipping to the US?

Yeah, I'm not sure honestly. I'm just going by his word. He's very out in the open. Surely all these IP holders are aware of him and would've sent a cease and desist order. However, that would only apply to the US and UK as you mentioned earlier. Him shipping to the US would suggest that he has the licenses. Wasn't that the deal with Ainsworth and his "original" stormtrooper costumes, that he's prohibited from shipping to the US?
Well that was a little different. The UK courts ruled that costumes used in movies were not subject to the same protections as art etc.

Doing a little more research, I read he does not have the license for Star Wars. So, I'm not sure honestly. The only ones he appears to have are Warner and Universal.

I will say with Hot Toys, you know what you'll be getting. The Jazz Inc should be a little nicer. Is it worth paying double? All depends on what you're after.

Speaking of, he released an unboxing of the Batwing. Pretty cool to mount it against a moon backdrop:

And here's a preview of the Hot Toys Batman and Batmobile:

Last edited:
Doing a little more research, I read he does not have the license for Star Wars. So, I'm not sure honestly. The only ones he appears to have are Warner and Universal.

I will say with Hot Toys, you know what you'll be getting. The Jazz Inc should be a little nicer. Is it worth paying double? All depends on what you're after.

Speaking of, he released an unboxing of the Batwing. Pretty cool to mount it against a moon backdrop:

And here's a preview of the Hot Toys Batman and Batmobile:

I am pretty impressed with their items. More so than MYC's simply because they are a little more interactive for lack of a better word.
The HT 89 batmobile I saw in person a few years back from the original release. For some reason it has never resonated with me. Something about it seems off but I can't put my finger on it. HT's original Deloreans wheel scale wasn't correct which is one reason I didn't buy it. Kicking myself now because the values increased so much. But I do have the part 2 version on preorder which should ship pretty much anytime.

I am pretty impressed with their items. More so than MYC's simply because they are a little more interactive for lack of a better word.
The HT 89 batmobile I saw in person a few years back from the original release. For some reason it has never resonated with me. Something about it seems off but I can't put my finger on it. HT's original Deloreans wheel scale wasn't correct which is one reason I didn't buy it. Kicking myself now because the values increased so much. But I do have the part 2 version on preorder which should ship pretty much anytime.
Nice! Let us know what you think of it. I wish they would reissue the part 1 Delorean only because I usually like V1s. But I wouldn't mind having that part 2 car either.

Maybe what you noticed was off was the length. The Hot Toys is 10cm shorter than it's supposed to be. Doesn't sound like much but that little bit can throw off the profile of the front end. Jazz Inc will be the appropriate length. Also, the Hot Toys does not have any paint work as far as I know. Just the black of the plastic. The Jazz Inc will have paint work that's supposed to replicate the glossier paint of the original car.

Nice! Let us know what you think of it. I wish they would reissue the part 1 Delorean only because I usually like V1s. But I wouldn't mind having that part 2 car either.

Maybe what you noticed was off was the length. The Hot Toys is 10cm shorter than it's supposed to be. Doesn't sound like much but that little bit can throw off the profile of the front end. Jazz Inc will be the appropriate length. Also, the Hot Toys does not have any paint work as far as I know. Just the black of the plastic. The Jazz Inc will have paint work that's supposed to replicate the glossier paint of the original car.
Yes I think its the length.
And I have the Tumbler which is unpainted plastic of course. I actually am not a fan of it. I wanted it forever but it just kinda looks like a black blob sitting on the shelf.
As soon as they sell out I will probably resell it. It is too soon to sell it now unfortunately. I should have returned it.

I did a tiny bit of digging. Mainly because with HT releasing their 89 Batmobile again, I really was curious as to how they would allow another company to release a very similar product.
Yes in some of their images they show the DC and WB logo.
But when you read the FAQ they explicitly state that they are not affiliated with any studio.
Being that they are not based in the US or UK, I would guess it is harder to enforce your copyright.
To me it doesn’t look like they actually are licensed but I could be wrong. I looked at Hot Toys website and in their FAQ it states they have rights to the trademark they are using.
Form your own opinion of course but their website isn’t the clearest on what, if any licenses they hold other than saying they are and putting the respective company’s trademarks on their images.
Hot Toys does not have an exclusive license on 1:6 with WB, there are even other companies like InArt which is the 1:6 line by Queen studios making DC figures that Hot toys is like from The Dark Knight and The Batman. Yes Jazz Inc is now licensed by Warner Brothers but like Hot Toys it is not an exclusive license so if another company like InArt wanted to say make the 2022 Batmobile that will be out in June from Jazz Inc they would be able to obtain a license from WB and do so. I do not Believe that Jazz is licensed by Disney as of yet so he could get a C&D on the 1:6 Snow Speeder or any of Star Wars Dioramas, not sure how wise it is to go licensed on only part of the products you offer.

the Batman standard edition by inArt

premium edition by InArt

same character from the same film in the same scale by Hot Toys

Hot Toys does not have an exclusive license on 1:6 with WB, there are even other companies like InArt which is the 1:6 line by Queen studios making DC figures that Hot toys is like from The Dark Knight and The Batman. Yes Jazz Inc is now licensed by Warner Brothers but like Hot Toys it is not an exclusive license so if another company like InArt wanted to say make the 2022 Batmobile that will be out in June from Jazz Inc they would be able to obtain a license from WB and do so. I do not Believe that Jazz is licensed by Disney as of yet so he could get a C&D on the 1:6 Snow Speeder or any of Star Wars Dioramas, not sure how wise it is to go licensed on only part of the products you offer.

the Batman standard edition by inArt

premium edition by InArt

same character from the same film in the same scale by Hot Toys

I don’t believe I ever said that HT has an exclusive right to sell any particular product. I just said that it seems unlikely that they would allow direct competing products.
InArt isn’t licensed to sell their items in the US so they aren’t competing with Hot Toys in one of their largest markets. They also released theirs before HT which is also a factor.
But Jazzs own website says they are not affiliated with any of the studios which means they are unlicensed. Can you show that they are licensed other than having the logos on their images? Again as I said above… the licensor has to sign off on the final product. Which is completely against their policy of making adjustments right up until they start making the product from fan inputs. I have seen nothing to support that they are selling licensed products.
Also as I said before, I could care less. But saying you are licensed without updating your website to no longer reflect you are not affiliated with the studios is a big red flag that something isn’t 100 percent legit.
We are allowed to form our own opinions but I am pretty familiar with legal jargon as it relates to licensed products.
Go read their Terms and Conditions. They are saying they aren’t licensed.

Last edited:
Welp, allow me to complicate things...

It says the Batmobile has a bat disk? That you can throw by the push of a button?

Perhaps this may help; I put this together in Photoshop to the best of my ability and tried very hard not to "squish" or otherwise distort the schmatic:

Hot Toys 1989 Batmobile VS Blueprint Comparison FInal.jpg

I did my best to scale the schematic to the replica, but I could only get the rear wheel any sort of close to true between the two. As you can see, there are significant differences between the schematic and the replica. The length is only the start: the fins are not the correct size, the size and shape of the rear wheel wells and surrounding "pod" are off, the cockpit is too high vertically, the distance between the front and rear wheels is too short, the windshield is too far back and too short....

Overall, a bunch of stuff is off; that's probably what you're picking up on, and I don't blame you one bit!

Ah I was waiting for this to drop! Joost mentioned that he sold Norm a Batwing and he and Adam were going to do an unboxing of it. I expect after this exposure, it may become sold out in the next few days.
Perhaps this may help; I put this together in Photoshop to the best of my ability and tried very hard not to "squish" or otherwise distort the schmatic:

View attachment 1687236

I did my best to scale the schematic to the replica, but I could only get the rear wheel any sort of close to true between the two. As you can see, there are significant differences between the schematic and the replica. The length is only the start: the fins are not the correct size, the size and shape of the rear wheel wells and surrounding "pod" are off, the cockpit is too high vertically, the distance between the front and rear wheels is too short, the windshield is too far back and too short....

Overall, a bunch of stuff is off; that's probably what you're picking up on, and I don't blame you one bit!
Dude, thanks for making this! What may have been subtle inaccuracies before really stick out here. You should also check out the front and back ends of the Hot Toys version. There's many significant differences there too.

pengbuzz do you mind if I share this with Joost? I know he's well aware of the inaccuracies of the Hot Toys but I think he'd get a kick out of seeing your overlay here. If you'd rather not, I totally understand. I know you've had work stolen previously. And I realize you've willingly made this public but I'd still rather make sure it's okay with you :).

Ah I was waiting for this to drop! Joost mentioned that he sold Norm a Batwing and he and Adam were going to do an unboxing of it. I expect after this exposure, it may become sold out in the next few days.

Dude, thanks for making this! What may have been subtle inaccuracies before really stick out here. You should also check out the front and back ends of the Hot Toys version. There's many significant differences there too.

pengbuzz do you mind if I share this with Joost? I know he's well aware of the inaccuracies of the Hot Toys but I think he'd get a kick out of seeing your overlay here. If you'd rather not, I totally understand. I know you've had work stolen previously. And I realize you've willingly made this public but I'd still rather make sure it's okay with you :).
By all means, please do! If it helps him out, so much the better!

As for my work begin stolen: this piece wasn't so much artwork as it is just a comparison using already available images. And beyond that, this was made with the intent of being shared. It's all good; thank you though for asking! :D

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back