Batman Begins Foamies w.i.p. and catwoman(pic heavy)

Re: Batman Begins Foamies w.i.p. (pic heavy)

On the gauntlets you made, how did you attach the fins on the sides? Just glue them into place or is there more to it?

Any new updates on how this is going?

Yes I'm working on it still.I finished the legs and finishing the arms.We got a kitten and got addicted to "Breaking bad" last week haha. So we've gotten a little side tracked.

@Elmar329
I made the middle pattern out of thicker foamies and cut the shape of the fins. When the fins were put together. I glued the fins into the thicker foam piece and onto the gauntlet.

i want a bat suit... but i want the tumbler more. Thats my project 15 years from now. i have seen it done. coolest car ever.

I can't wait till this thing is done!

I'm so glad you changed it to a Begins suit.
That suit has grown on me like you wouldn't believe. :)

very impressive!!!!!

can you explain me better the "chiselling" process for the abs?? thank you

looking good bro! Great work, glad our methods are inspiring people to really push foamies to it's fullest extent ;)

Amazing job with the detail work! You should be very proud of yourself, excellent work. Cant wait to see this finished.

Nat.

@DJDARYO1982
basically i printed out the template of the abs and traced the pattern on to the foamies. Then i ran the wood burning tool over the mid section pattern to get the abs effect. for the sides I ran my exacto knife at an angle along the pattern.

Thanks everyone for the complements RPF has such a high standard that I really am humbled by your comments.
I finished the legs, working on the shoulder bells and have the arms cut out ready to go. I am currently upgrading my rubies cowl and waiting for the foam to dry inside the ears. I will post as soon as it is put together. thanks again.

@DJDARYO1982
basically i printed out the template of the abs and traced the pattern on to the foamies. Then i ran the wood burning tool over the mid section pattern to get the abs effect. for the sides I ran my exacto knife at an angle along the pattern.

Thanks everyone for the complements RPF has such a high standard that I really am humbled by your comments.
I finished the legs, working on the shoulder bells and have the arms cut out ready to go. I am currently upgrading my rubies cowl and waiting for the foam to dry inside the ears. I will post as soon as it is put together. thanks again.

I am looking forward to seeing the finished suit.

Re: Batman Begins Foamies w.i.p.and catwoman (pic heavy)

Here is the last of the updates for this thread..
These are the leg pieces which i didn't end up using.I didn't mount the foam to my compression suit so i opted to not use them as they felt constricting. As well as the Velcro was stronger than the glue so when i went to put the second piece on it ripped. I was in a rush so i left them behind.

IMG_1805.jpg

My wife took this in my shop. I will say that the costume was a hit at the club.I was also suprised to see so many great costumes. There was a couple there that went as the characters from avatar took them 5 hours to do the airbrush work.needless to say we lost to a Jack Sparrow. It was great.

IMG_1811.jpg

These pics are the beginning of my wife's cat woman costume. we did a combination of hush and other incarnations of catwoman.
Ill post more after the weekend. we lost the glasses tonight so ill have to come up with another set.

cat style glasses for a buck..
IMG_1804.jpg

We used a hood pattern for her cowl...
IMG_1807.jpg

Hi friend! I'm from brazil and I'm a big batman fan! I'm tring to make a Batman's suit and you do a really great job! Could sent to me ,by e-mail, the armor diagram? I think it'll be very useful. Thanks a lot!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back