Bandai 1/144 Millenium Falcon slow build.

No,....me either......BUT,....Bandai has been pretty spot on with things like that,....I just cut the table off.....both sides......that allowed me to hollow out the bottom bit,....then scalpeld the table into a ring & re-attached

I need more primer

J

I'm considering doing a "glass in" cockpit for mine but I didn't have any luck doing it on the fm falcon. The paint just looked messy (even with the masks) and the glass clouded up

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Sqbiedoo, where'd you cut exactly -- vertically right down the middle? You're so good, man, I don't even see the join. I want to start all the stuff you guys are doing. But lowering the cockpit tube details is probably something I'd leave to you experts. That is just sick.
Thanks mate.
CJ, are you up for it? If you do you need to have one of these saw, very delicate.

Hope you can see my scalp point: first cut through here..

Then here...

And finally here...

Goodluck mate.

Wow, squbiedoo, thanks for the macro shots -- just what I needed. I don't have that kind of saw, unfortunately -- I'm quite sure I've seen a set at my LHS. I have to check again. But your work is really awesome. And you should change your title, 'cause your build is anything but slow.

Wow, squbiedoo, thanks for the macro shots -- just what I needed. I don't have that kind of saw, unfortunately -- I'm quite sure I've seen a set at my LHS. I have to check again. But your work is really awesome. And you should change your title, 'cause your build is anything but slow.

"Slow" means it could take up to 1 year :lol

Went to 007 movie today with my wife. It's actually for her I'm only interested in seeing the Falcon up close on big screen. Goose bumps :eek now I can't sleep... but saw him in life size..

Right then, got some quality time with my "bigger" Falcon.

Repainted BB8

Trimming window frames.

Cutting pipes for new ones..

Trimming inside the maintenance boxes for a thinner panel plate looks...

Photo etch ventilation grill for the Fine Molds Falcon, just a bit too small for Bandai's but I really want to use this so let's try...
Cut out the plastic grill using only the ring..

I like it...

Thanks for watching.

The photo etch look awesome you realy did well trying to use them :D

- - - Updated - - -

After my current Falcon build I plan to do another one like seen in battlefront same shape but with the old radar dish and different paint scheme when I will do it I will use photo etch for sure! :thumbsup

Thanks for sharing :$

After my current Falcon build I plan to do another one like seen in battlefront same shape but with the old radar dish and different paint scheme when I will do it I will use photo etch for sure! :thumbsup

Thanks for sharing :$

Is the Falcon in Battlefront the Ep 7 Falcon with a round dish? I was under the impression that they scanned the 5 footer for the game? I noticed the detail on that thing in the hanger on Hoth, and I took time out from the fighting to just go up and look at it. Beautiful!

SB

very nice results with the grills...

I've heard that Greenstrawbery is planning to produce the new grilles in PE plus masks for airbrushing the clear parts (cockpit and turret)

Dude, your falcon is looking awesome. Love the brass details. After first seeing this model I was like no way, it's too small. Then after seeing yours and others builds and the level of detail Bandai has achieved, I now realize that it's perfect for small scale dioramas. I sooo want to build a mos eisley docking dio with this beauty.

Dude, your falcon is looking awesome. Love the brass details. After first seeing this model I was like no way, it's too small. Then after seeing yours and others builds and the level of detail Bandai has achieved, I now realize that it's perfect for small scale dioramas. I sooo want to build a mos eisley docking dio with this beauty.

Thanks. Yeah it's a sweet little kit. Mos Eisley dio ismy favorite scene too.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back